• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chris Williams knife tried to rip me off for $5,150

I said earlier that it is funny to read his incoherent e-mail, but now I as a person with a degree in Psychology feel sorry for his mental condition.

Miso

Reactions: Mo2
With the massive ammount of over diagnosis these days I wonder how many people who are in reality just awful charlatans get told "it's not entirely your fault you have (insert myriad mental disorder)"

With so many kids getting degrees in psychology and related fields they are looking to diagnose in order to prove their expertise. I think in a way it gives these people an excuse at least to themselves for their atrotious behaviour. I also think it cheapens what people with real mental diseases go through.

Did you know that within every five years the paradigm in psychology shifts? That means that what is believed by psychologists today is all new compared to five years ago, and in five more years it will be new again. Not to discredit the profession but I truly believe there are 99 mediocre psychologists for every one good one.

I guess a diagnosis of mental illness would not jeopardize his liability.

Miso

With the massive ammount of over diagnosis these days I wonder how many people who are in reality just awful charlatans get told "it's not entirely your fault you have (insert myriad mental disorder)"

With so many kids getting degrees in psychology and related fields they are looking to diagnose in order to prove their expertise. I think in a way it gives these people an excuse at least to themselves for their atrotious behaviour. I also think it cheapens what people with real mental diseases go through.

Did you know that within every five years the paradigm in psychology shifts? That means that what is believed by psychologists today is all new compared to five years ago, and in five more years it will be new again. Not to discredit the profession but I truly believe there are 99 mediocre psychologists for every one good one.
The Ratio is far worse than 99-1 lol, I can remember back in the 80's when I when I was in school some of the strangest most screwed up people around, wanted to be Psychologists/Psychiatrists... present company excluded of course!;)

99-1 was me being rediculously generous. How a field where the paradigm shifts every five years can be considered legitimate is beyond me. I am not making that up either I heard it in a psychology lecture I was listening to. The professor was saying the halflife on psychology "science" is 5 years.

Oh yeah. Perfectly said. He's not mentally ill as a shrink would identify it. He functions fine. He exhibits behaviors that we can say are sociopathic, but he's not technically a sociopath. I'm glad you've clarified that. he's a scam artist. he knows what he's doing, he's planned these deals and made them with Chinese makers, and I'm sure he mentally files it all under "doing business", right down to the ganzo thing. He shouldn't be given a pass or allowed the sympathy ploy that he's nuts because he isn't. He's not some poor schmo with mental difficulties, he's just another d-bag with a lack of personal ethics.

Wow! I can't believe that email Spark. Well... I can, but still that's ridiculous lol. This thread is just so juicy.

If he really was an investment banker for 13 years, and judging by his character, it wouldn't be too big of a reach, to suspect that he may have embezzled enough funds, to start his current enterprise. Follow the money trail, and have one of your investigators explore his financials, at that transition period.

The guy was never an ibanker; certainly not in NC or SC. There hasn't been any ibanking there since NationsBank in the early 90s... and Wells, and they don't do a lot of underwriting in the Carolinas. My guess is that he was in retail brokerage of some sort, i.e., Charles Schwab or similar. I worked in govt and then moved into the private sector; ibanking (sell-side) sales and trading; quant (phynance); and then buy-side trading (hedge funds). I wouldn't work too hard trying to "follow the money."

I could talk to this guy for thirty seconds and call BS.

brokercheck.finra.org no Chris Williams has been registered in NC or SC.

Last edited:
*Starts selling bags of knocked off popcorn for 25$ a medium bag*

This popcorn is my own special recepie, it took me 12 years to perfect!

(Upon closer inspection the bags say Orville Redenbacher crossed out with Lapecorn written over it)

Damage, if ya needs help, I know a guy dat knows a guy, ya know? :eek:

roflmao....just got blocked from his instagram, I created an account just to comment on his pics.
one comment got deleted and the other still there. ;)

Don't think he liked my comment... "G-A-N-Z-O and Ganzo is its name-O"... :rolleyes:

Saw a pic of a kid, maybe 10 yrs old, holding a WKC "ganzo" box, I made a comment about ripping off kids... :mad:

he sure is quick to hit that "block" button :thumbsdown:

I'd like to say "this guy's a joke" but it's too dang sad to even laugh at. :(

I think it will take a lawsuit to stop this guy.
That or someone might take matters into their own hands, like this :poop:head threatens to do,
nowadays you never know what people might do. What with all the road rage and school shootings and stuff,
it's definitely getting "cra-cra", as the kids say. (had to look that up:confused:)

Sometime back some guy jump out of his vehicle yelling obscenities at me for some unknown reason. scary :poop:, man

hey, i kinda these emoji things :thumbsup:

That poor kid, who could do that to a child? Truly sick... at least the hat he's wearing is authentic.

http://www.qcexclusive.com/the-spread/williams-knife-company/

He stated he makes between 50-75 knives per week, that equals a minimum of 200 knives per month or 2400 per year. The link I've posted here he states it takes 30-60 days to make the average knife, that would mean it would take 72,000 days to make 24,000 knives. It would take him 1,500 days to make the 50 knives he claims he makes in a week. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This man has basically called me a liar but I can't makeup or change numbers, I was always taught numbers don't lie. I wouldn't want him to be my banker.

Last edited:
With all of this knife production and many hours of expensive photo documentation he can't produce one 10 minute video of himself forging anything? But I'm the liar?

Reactions: Mo2
The guy was never an ibanker; certainly not in NC or SC. There hasn't been any ibanking there since NationsBank in the early 90s... and Wells, and they don't do a lot of underwriting in the Carolinas. My guess is that he was in retail brokerage of some sort, i.e., Charles Schwab or similar. I worked in govt and then moved into the private sector; ibanking (sell-side) sales and trading; quant (phynance); and then buy-side trading (hedge funds). I wouldn't work too hard trying to "follow the money."

If what your saying is true, then it's possible that CW has been misleading the public about other aspects of his life as well.

I think I remember finding connections to him and Florida last week, I believe you mentioned fla before and I overlooked it. Everything has been exhausting but I now feel motivated. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it, I now get it!
Much of the Miami high end real estate, is traded between business entities, and shell corporations. For many of the world's investors, Florida and the USA is the best "offshore" destination to secure assets. It's true for US residents also, and we don't even have to worry about moving money to foreign locations.

Maybe he was a bank teller who was fired for being incapable of simple math ( see my six post outburst above )?

Maybe he was a bank teller who was fired for being incapable of simple math ( see my six post outburst above )?

Well it's obvious to most that the guy would inflate his CV. Nobody wants to work in retail banking/brokerage. Inv banking in sleepy areas is essentially babysitting until the company is big enough to introduce to NY. If they are already big enough in mkt cap then there is no reason to deal with anyone other than a Wall Street contact. Outside of NYC it's essentially mezzanine financing; glorified vcap.

It would be unusual to actually leave an "underwriting" job for slapping handles on a knife. There are probably 600 IB jobs outside of Manhattan. Literally you would have more luck in the PGA than finding a legit job in eq underwriting (outside of WS). Average salary of perhaps $450K and 1-3x that in bonus.

Anyway, it's ubiquitous in the field to state "investment banking" to tout yourself. In reality, it's a pretty specific niche in banking.

Damage, I have not read the entire thread, but don't sweat this guy too much. I hope that you were made (mostly) whole. He's selling stuff through Orvis, and I wonder how Benchmade feels about his violating their trademarks and patents... and selling direct in the US! I can't imagine that Perk Perkins would look too kindly on such blatant IP/trademark/patent violations.

Someone should give Perk and the nice people at Benchmade a call. Perhaps an email with some screenshots. I wonder if anyone knows Perk Perkins? ;)

Please edit/delete if this is not germane to the discussion or violates BF terms:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_search_promote.aspx?keyword=williams+knife&sp_cs=UTF-8

Back