Claim shell package

Hello everybody, I got a question for you all, I bought a native with Gin-1 steel a few days ago. It is in a claim shell package! Upon opening the package I found out that the warrentry card had been torn out. The package seems to be sealed but why is the warrentry card missing on a brand new package? Is that because the native do not carry a lifetime warrenty?? Also, how come some spyderco comes in claim shell package? Pleas help
confused.gif

-Brass

Not sure about the packaging but if it is a Spyderco its got the Spyderco warranty automatically - one of the many great things about the company
smile.gif

What other knives that Spyderco made are offer in similar claim shell packages?? I think that really sell because people could see what they are buying without opening the white box. Great for retail I guess. Maybe Sal could answer my question?
smile.gif

Welcome to the forums, Brass!
smile.gif

I have seen the Delica, Endura, and Rescue in the clear clam shell packages at a local EMS (Eastern MT Sports). The bubble packaging makes viewing easier, and handling safer. You no longer have to get a clerk to show you the knife: you can just pull it off the rack and check them out.
smile.gif

The Native is a great choice BTW, I own a couple of them in 440V.
smile.gif

ps: I think Sal still has jet lag from just getting back from Europe ....LOL.
wink.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

Thanks for the info Ray and Ferret. And yes Ray, the Spyderco lightweight native had quickly become one of my favorite pocket knife. Seems like the mirror finish on the pivoting point really smoothen the action. It almost looks like hard chrome plated. The serrated part seems to be different from all my other Spydeco though. But anyway, I like it alot, I hope that kind of finish is on my Calypso Jr. (actually all the spyderco)
smile.gif

Brass - Some of our dealers requested clam packs. Military posts, REI, etc. We try to accomodate their requests.

sal

Back