Classy, yet tank of a folder? Help needed! TSF, Dua, Slysz Bowie, Techno, or???

0801?
20170408_165659-01_zpsouduopcd.jpeg

DDR Dominator

They do run on bearings.
You sure? Just opened up my thin Beast yesterday. It has washers. Haven't opened up a regular Beast yet.

Somebody asked about pictures of the thin Beast. I'll try to get some up tonight.

Last edited:
TSF Beast, Grayman Dua, Slysz Bowie and the Techno

I've owned 4 TSFs, 2 DUAs, one Slysz and maybe ten Technos. Ranked in order of MY preference...from 0 to 10...
Slysz is a 11... Honestly, THIS is a great knife.
Techno: 9 My son loves this one more than anything...he's a grown man.
TSF: nice knife; great knife-maker...have gifted some of these to gd-kids. 7.5
DUA: Sorry about this one. Had a "standard" and one in orange G10. Just a clunker that doesn't fit my hand. 4 at best...

I understand that opinions vary. The G10 cutout on the DUA "should" fit my index finger, IMO, and it doesn't. Not placed correctly, but there you are. Some folks love it, and I'm glad that you do...

The only one I have of the knives you mention is the Slysz Bowie, and I unhesitatingly recommend it.
It has quality and class in spades, slices like all get go, and has an elegant simplicity to it that contributes to its usability. Lock up on mine has about 80% of the lock bar face engaged.

Personally I like the wire clip but RGT has a solid ti replacement clip if you don't.

DSC00193_zpsaynzssz0.jpg

Last edited:
You sure? Just opened up my thin Beast yesterday. It has washers. Haven't opened up a regular Beast yet.

Somebody asked about pictures of the thin Beast. I'll try to get some up tonight.

They've all been on PB washers until very recently. I think not quite a year ago he started giving people the option to upgrade to ball bearings.

The only one of the knives mentioned I've owned is an S35VN Beast, and I love it. I'm not a huge fan of Titanium frame locks, especially heavy duty ones, but this I've kept.

If I could have, I would have kept my Strider SnG, and not bought the beast. Times got tough, and my Strider had to go.

If you can afford one, (slightly used) Brian Tighe has nice designs, though they use bearings. I'm partial to the tighe rod.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the Chaves Redencion 228 hasn't been mentioned yet (maybe I missed it). That one had been on my radar for a while as an overbuilt folder.

I would also take a look at Kizer. Elegant for sure, ceramic bearings, and many capable for heavy duty. I have a Ki4423 and it's very unique.

0706161542_zpslnzndgkj.jpg

0706161542_zpslnzndgkj.jpg

Back