Coffee

Hario makes solid products for sure! I like their stuff, I use a scale by them that's been great. If you have the chance you should try it through a pour over or chemex :). French presses are fantastic but I think they yield better results with darker roasts. Chemex and pour overs will get you a cleaner brighter cup which highlights the sweetness of light roasts :). Either way come back and let use know how it goes! Hario has a starter pour over set for $20 that can be found readily on big sites if you don't have one :).

Counter Culture is highly regarded but it's not one of my favorites. It's a bit too fruity for me.

Picked up some good stuff today. I needed a break from the heavy roasts!
IMAG1668.jpg

Anyone tried this?

33z2u02.jpg

Waiting for my grinder to arrive so i can taste it

I really like their Hologram espresso blend (yum!), but generally speaking, their roasts are a tad lighter than I prefer.

I got the hario mini and i will be using my french press. This thread has really peaked my interest in coffee

Hopefully the grinder works well. I saw they were reccomended early on in this thread as a good budget grinder

Hario makes some solid gear! :thumbup: My travel grinder is one of the older Harios, and I came this >||< close to buying their cold brew pitcher just today. You should be pleased with the grind, but be prepared to work for it! :p

Counter Culture is highly regarded but it's not one of my favorites. It's a bit too fruity for me.

For me, I wouldn't call it too fruity so much as a bit too bright and/or sour due to the light roasts they typically use.

My wife stocked me up with beans! Knee surgery tomorrow. :eek: yay?
Good luck! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!! Having been there myself (two exploratory / clean-up 'scopes, and an ACL reconstruction), my best advice is try not to rest it too much and keep it moving. Will help keep it from getting too stiff, and also help prevent atrophy during recovery.

As hinted at above, I'm finally getting around to checking out doing cold brew. Almost bought a brewer today, but decided to try making some using some equipment I already have on hand before committing any $$$ to more equipment, lol. My wife was shocked! :rolleyes:

Roasted some Tanzania yesterday, and have some of it steeping in a jar on the counter right now. Will pour it through the gold cone filter and put it into a Nalgene bottle in the fridge in the morning, then give it a try tomorrow afternoon. :D

So far so good. I can walk!! :thumbup: I made it to the coffee pot this morning!!! :D

Well, the Dr. Said he wanted me up walking asap!! All I had to do was dangle the carrot.

Last edited:
So far so good. I can walk!! :thumbup: I made it to the coffee pot this morning!!! :D

Very nice! Was wondering how things are going for you this morning

As a pretty new coffee drinker I've only had a couple of the more premium coffee blends.
Current favorite is Black Rifle Coffee Co. Berzerker which is a Colombian dark roast.
Silencer smooth is also very good, which is the lightest roast BRCC makes.
If you guys have had either got any recommendations for me? :)
Much appreciated

A good medium roast like Caribou Blend or Pikes Place is a tasty place to start. Any Kenyan AA light roast or Sumatra dark roast. Once you find the coffee your wife likes you will be a happy man! :D

Back