Cold Steel 4 max vs Cold Steel 62L SR1

So any idea when the Cold Steel 62L SR1 will be in peoples hands. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the Zero Tolerance Emerson 0630CF with the m390 blade. But something is making me hold out for that knife and get on of these two Cold Steel knives instead. I plan on using these knives for my business at work and will get used from everything from plumbing to basic carpentry. The 4 max may be slightly to large? But that style and metal liner that is missing from CS I really like. The SR1 seems to have a similar look and build just slightly smaller but not sure if my patients can hold out if we are talking months and may break and go with that ZT/Emerson.

So please express opinions here this purchase will probably be my last knife for the year after several other EDC buys I have done in the last few months.

According to KnifeNews, the SR1 is estimated to ship in April. Looks like a lot of knife for the money.

I personally am looking forward to the SR1 the most from the list of new knives from CS. Since i currently can't afford the 4Max, I believe the SR1 would be the perfect extremely hard use knife that would take whatever abuse that one can exert to even a fixed blade. So excited for it.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Functionally it shouldn't give up much to the 4Max at a much lower price point. Slight downgrade in steel. Same thickness blade. Looks like a narrower bevel so probably thicker behind the edge.

I just watched that Cold Steel video of the 4 Max holding over 800 pounds of weights. Insane! Think I will just save up the 80 more dollars I need and go for the big boy 4 Max. Unless the SR1 comes out by than I will pick up that one and have some spare cash for something else.

The price difference is about $300 MSRP discounted at 45% would be about $165 street price more for the 4Max.

The price difference is about $300 MSRP discounted at 45% would be about $165 street price more for the 4Max.

Oh I understand the price difference I have 260 dollars set aside just going to be patient for a few more weeks and save another 80 dollars.

Oh I understand the price difference I have 260 dollars set aside just going to be patient for a few more weeks and save another 80 dollars.

Ah, I understand now. I've been wanting to check out the 4Max too.

The 4Max is a really nice blade, with a lot of details. If the SR1 has anywhere near the quality of fit and finish, it will be a steal at that price. I like the looks of the 4Max more, but that is just personal preference. The handle is extremely comfortable, and time will tell how comfortable the SR1 will be, but every Demko design I've handled has been very ergonomic. I would prefer the textured scales of the SR1 over the smooth scales of the 4Max for actual use.

Picked up a 4max off the exchange, really is a beast of a knife. Very comfortable in the hand, chopped some brush with it and it performed perfectly. Fit and finish is very nice.

17992097_10213633913628603_8742365720349355566_n.jpg

I asked them in on instgram yesterday when its coming out and they said late summer. Im guessing it will be their new knife for blade show since they didnt show it at shot show

Back