Cold Steel - If you read anything on this forum...please respond.

Most production companies make both satin and black coated blades on their most popular models. I just dont know why they wont do it. It will cost them less without the coating so i realllllly have no idea.

Most production companies make both satin and black coated blades on their most popular models. I just dont know why they wont do it. It will cost them less without the coating so i realllllly have no idea.

I know, it blows my mind, especially since it looks so dam good with a stonewashed blade. It's pretty much the only reason i don't carry my spear point Recon 1 as my EDC, i just don't fancy black blades. CS does a very nice stonewash, save some money on production and release an uncoated option please.

The dlc coating is very durable. But it doesn t add corrosion to the xhp blade and has no effect on the blades functionality. Seems largely cosmetic.
Never edc d a coated blade until the Lawman. Wish I had an option to get an uncoated version.

I like the DLC. It not only protects against corrosion (admittedly, not a big factor with highly rust-resistant CTS-XHP), but it makes the blade more slippery, hence a better cutter and doesn't gunk up like un-coated steels. It is extremely hard, as well, my Lawman and Recon 1 show hardly a scratch after a fair amount of use. As for aesthetics, I like the look. Just my 2 cents.:D
:(I don't have any of the new DLC on a CS knife yet . The older black coatings were a real pain :mad: and caused me to prefer uncoated for users . Looking forward to trying the DLC !:p

The satin blade is one of the reasons why I bought the recon tanto san mai lll and the master hunter san mai lll :)

Yes! PLLEEEEEEAAASSE!

Tho I have a feeling the non coated blade might offend Lynn's Tacti-Ninja sensibilities. Otherwise, we would have already had one.

Back