Companion Final Run Update

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
I wanted to update everyone about the final run shipping. I had a couple people I was waiting to hear back from on the 18th, and delayed shipping until yesterday. I had all the boxes packed, taped, and addressed. I went to the post office and find it closed! Since when do post offices in mid sized cities close at 430 on a Friday afternoon!

Regardless, I'm on shift today for a 24, tomorrow I'm off but the post office is obviously closed on Sunday, Monday I'm on from 0700-1900, Tuesday is another 24, Wednesday morning I'm off at 0600 until 1900, so I will be able to ship then.

If anyone would rather not wait, let me know and I'll refund your money.

See, I tried to mail them out!
84843b4a88bf8792e43e83c47fe40faa.jpg

Brian, thanks for the update - I'm sure the wait will be worth it! Somehow I suspect the mail isn't moving too well here in the southeast anyway...

Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Evans. No worries. Definitely worth the wait as far as I'm concerned. :)

What a tease! I definitely want to wait. Looking forward to getting my grubby little paws on this thing!

Brian I know it might be a wile before we see more knives from you but please stay active here. We still want to hear from you.

Beautiful! Those jade and carbon fiber scales are awesome! I'm just getting the orange scales with mine. I think this is going to be a very special knife and I don't want to lose it. Putting an orange lanyard on it too. :)

Guys, what is the small metal object that's included in the box?

It is tool for the screws on the scales.. Also can be used for keychain edc..
Use the allen wrench and avoid scraping the scales when it slips.

Patiently waiting for mine; NL customs doesn't have a problem with knives, so I'm hoping for sometime this week.

I'm sorry I missed the price on this beautiful little knives, how much they went for? Is it possible that there won't be any more? :(

I'm sorry I missed the price on this beautiful little knives, how much they went for? Is it possible that there won't be any more? :(

The final run went for $95 before shipping. Damn fine value if you ask me.

I have received word that my Companion has arrived! In a couple of days I'll be able to go home and check it out. The anticipation is palpable!

Last edited:
Finally got mine! Well worth the wait and €30 in customs fees. Sorry, no pictures yet; need to borrow one of my wife's cameras tomorrow to do it justice. Looks very nice wearing carbon fiber scales, and I'm pretty sure I have the only one in Benelux.

I do have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the ergonomics. My hand closes around the handle so that my index finger wraps around the end of the blade :confused:, and there's no guard or choil to prevent this. I'll give it a while and use it in a pinch grip for the time being, but I'm afraid it might end up meeting my Dremel for safety reasons.

But man, the curves are amazing, and the little row of double-dot jimping is both pretty and useful. The kydex sheath is among the best I've seen, too. All around, still a great little knife.

Good job, Brian. I have no doubt that this thing won't let me down as my constant companion, even through the hardest of uses.

Back