Concealed Gun Holster

Hey guys, I know this is a knife forum, but I can't be the only one with a concealed carry as well. I've gone through numerous holsters, but as somebody who wears gyms shorts and a t-shirt 95% of the time I haven't found anything that really works for me.

This one seems to have amazing reviews on Amazon, anybody have any experience?

81uPo9GVPXL._SL1500_.jpg

I don't know where you are located but if you carry in a hot climate I have found these belly rigs to be very uncomfortable. I tested one years ago and hated it.
You sweat profusely under them and the nylon quickly absorbs the sweat and odour from your body and becomes very unhygienic. Moreover if you are like me who has a generous middle (LOL) these can be very uncomfortable when you are moving around.

I carry a G17 every day and what works for me is the Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide. I truly have never had a holster that is as comfortable and easy to conceal in a hot climate.

Good luck with your search.:)

I don't know where you are located but if you carry in a hot climate I have found these belly rigs to be very uncomfortable. I tested one years ago and hated it.
You sweat profusely under them and the nylon quickly absorbs the sweat and odour from your body and becomes very unhygienic. Moreover if you are like me who has a generous middle (LOL) these can be very uncomfortable when you are moving around.

I carry a G17 every day and what works for me is the Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide. I truly have never had a holster that is as comfortable and easy to conceal in a hot climate.

Good luck with your search.:)

Unfortunately I do live in a hot climate as I'm in the SE USA. I pretty much thought the same exact thing when I saw it, but many of the reviews talked about how cool this thing felt. I highly doubt it, but figured it might be worth a shot for $30.

the Crossbreed Supertuck looks like it requires a belt? I'm looking more for something that would fit inside or on the waist band of gym shorts without dragging them down to my ankles.

Was looking at something like this also as at 2.5oz I'm only dealing with the weight of the weapon.

81NqjagAqmL._SL1500_.jpg

I understand your problem. I lived in Atlanta for a few years and the humidity is oppressive.

The problem with carrying without a belt is the retention of the weapon. Even with just the weight of the loaded weapon clipping it into some gym shorts just does not provide enough retention when sudden or violent movement is considered. The elastic of the shorts just does not securely hold onto the weight.

For $30-00 it may be worth trying the belly rig out.

If it's getting great reviews, it must be working for some people. I have no experience with that particular holster, but it looks as though the high carry and velcro strap would make drawing difficult. I've tried a few body-fitting carry options and found that for me here in Florida, anything that adds bulk is uncomfortable. For maximum comfort and carry options, I switch to a smaller gun when it's hot and humid (which is often). Mostly, I carry a Seekamp 32 in a custom leather pocket holster. It's similar in size to the Ruger LCP. For even lighter carry with super-fast draw, I use it with just the attached Clip-Draw waist clip. I know I've strayed from the original question a bit, but what I'm expressing is that if it's too much work to carry, you probably won't use it very often.

Thanks for the input Morton. Everybody has pretty much said to axe the strap, it's actually some type of metal hook...??? Either way Most people have either cut it off or replaced it with velcro without issue.

My main carry is a LC9s, and I honestly don't carry anything smaller or bigger then a 9 unless I'm in the woods. I have seen this and was intrigued:

51EOE5eZfJL.jpg

My only hessitation is you remove the rear pin of the gun and replace it with the one for the clip. Another mod with great reviews, but I'm not sure I trust a $30 clip rear pin vs the rear pin that came installed in my gun.

If it's getting great reviews, it must be working for some people. I have no experience with that particular holster, but it looks as though the high carry and velcro strap would make drawing difficult. I've tried a few body-fitting carry options and found that for me here in Florida, anything that adds bulk is uncomfortable. For maximum comfort and carry options, I switch to a smaller gun when it's hot and humid (which is often). Mostly, I carry a Seekamp 32 in a custom leather pocket holster. It's similar in size to the Ruger LCP. For even lighter carry with super-fast draw, I use it with just the attached Clip-Draw waist clip. I know I've strayed from the original question a bit, but what I'm expressing is that if it's too much work to carry, you probably won't use it very often.

I live in SW FL. During the summer I also carry a Seecamp .32 in a leather pocket holster and have done so for many years. The gun is always with me. As Morton already pointed out it is always with me because it is easily carried and not a PITA to carry. Belly bands no thanks.

I have the clip on a LCP. It works awesome with jeans and cargo shorts. You might forget you are carrying. I also wear it with gym shorts and I wear it a lot with pajamas. Don't laugh, but I let the dog out early in the am, and my neighbor was attacked by a meth head last year in his driveway early am. Now, I always pack a gun & Surefire E1D in my PJ's. So, I say the shorts must have a drawstring to work right. I (my wife) added a paracord string to a pair I got from Walmart. Tie it tight and the gun "holsters" fairly secure. Hope that helps.

I have the clip on a LCP. It works awesome with jeans and cargo shorts. You might forget you are carrying. I also wear it with gym shorts and I wear it a lot with pajamas. Don't laugh, but I let the dog out early in the am, and my neighbor was attacked by a meth head last year in his driveway early am. Now, I always pack a gun & Surefire E1D in my PJ's. So, I say the shorts must have a drawstring to work right. I (my wife) added a paracord string to a pair I got from Walmart. Tie it tight and the gun "holsters" fairly secure. Hope that helps.

All my gems shorts have drawstrings, as while I don't have them tied while in the house just bumming, if I have to go outside and put my knife and phone and wallet in my pocket my pants would be on the ground if I didn't. Good to know the clip actually works. I may give it more consideration.

I would strongly suggest a holster that covers the trigger guard.
Could you pocket carry your LC9s in something like a Remora Sticky holster?

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Thanks for the input Morton. Everybody has pretty much said to axe the strap, it's actually some type of metal hook...??? Either way Most people have either cut it off or replaced it with velcro without issue.

My main carry is a LC9s, and I honestly don't carry anything smaller or bigger then a 9 unless I'm in the woods. I have seen this and was intrigued:

51EOE5eZfJL.jpg

My only hessitation is you remove the rear pin of the gun and replace it with the one for the clip. Another mod with great reviews, but I'm not sure I trust a $30 clip rear pin vs the rear pin that came installed in my gun.

Using the clip on my Seekamp makes the gun disappear. I can actually carry it at work (a business office) with my shirt tucked-in as long as I am wearing a belt to hide the clip. By the way; Seekamp makes a larger caliber 380 version using the same platform as the 32. I opted for the 32 because it seems that the 380 in this lightweight and small-size frame might be a handful. Take care and good luck!

Using the clip on my Seekamp makes the gun disappear. I can actually carry it at work (a business office) with my shirt tucked-in as long as I am wearing a belt to hide the clip. By the way; Seekamp makes a larger caliber 380 version using the same platform as the 32. I opted for the 32 because it seems that the 380 in this lightweight and small-size frame might be a handful. Take care and good luck!

Very pleased it works for you, but I like my trigger covered in a holster. I carry glock 26 AIWB Tulsa and remora are the two I use the most, remora gets the most time. Only down fall is it's not attached to your pants. You just stick it where you want and go. When I use the little boys room I stick my remora in pants pocket or keep it on me somehow. God forbid if I ever left a loaded gun somewhere in a public bathroom. Don't want this to even be a chance of happening.

I think this is similar to your holster. This nemesis is what I carry my Sig 238 in.

2485f064bc07ac931266d4ecb54752b1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would strongly suggest a holster that covers the trigger guard.
Could you pocket carry your LC9s in something like a Remora Sticky holster?

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Like most, I'm extremely anal about my EDC handgun, plus I have to abide by GA law because of my CCP. If I'm not mistaken our law reads, you are allowed to have the weapon loaded, but you are not allowed to have one in the chamber. I may be wrong on that, but regardless I always carry safety on and empty chamber. My thought is my chances of losing my life in that half a second it takes me to pull the slide are significantly lower then my chances of shooting myself in the leg/foot because of keeping my EDC hot.

The problem with trying to pocket carry in gym shorts regardless of the holster is you're going to spend 45 minutes getting the damn thing out of the mesh shorts liner. If I wore regular shorts like a normal person I wouldn't have this issue, but alas I'm a bum and enjoy bumming around in gym shorts. I'm in em now and am in em any time it's over 50 degrees. I do appreciate the suggestion, but the few I tried at the local gun shop all gave me issues actually trying to get them out of the pocket.

I have had good luck with this Kusiak Leather holster. It's a minimalist, thin leather but structured. I have the canted model. You can even get them with a magazine carrier. The clip will hold onto a sweatpants band. I've carried it that way and the clip is secure.

Like most, I'm extremely anal about my EDC handgun, plus I have to abide by GA law because of my CCP. If I'm not mistaken our law reads, you are allowed to have the weapon loaded, but you are not allowed to have one in the chamber.

The law allows carry with a round in the chamber, as long as you have a Georgia Weapons Carry License or the older Georgia Firearms License. The law as to where you can carry (with the license) may be a bit confusing. I would suggest reading the original Statute 16-11-120.

Like most, I'm extremely anal about my EDC handgun, plus I have to abide by GA law because of my CCP. If I'm not mistaken our law reads, you are allowed to have the weapon loaded, but you are not allowed to have one in the chamber.
So those who choose to carry a revolver must carry it empty? That's just asinine. Are you sure you don't misunderstand the law?

So those who choose to carry a revolver must carry it empty? That's just asinine. Are you sure you don't misunderstand the law?

I believe he's confusing the restrictions concerning carry for individuals that are not Georgia Weapons Carry License holders.

My only experience with a concealment holster is limited to the Active Pro Gear line. It's a cargo pocket model for my LCP with laser, and includes a compartment for a spare magazine directly behind the pistol. For the most part it's easy enough to forget that it's there. Retention is good on the pistol, but a little weak on the magazine. Drawing is positive, as the holster holds firmly in the pocket and allows the pistol to come free.

The law allows carry with a round in the chamber, as long as you have a Georgia Weapons Carry License or the older Georgia Firearms License. The law as to where you can carry (with the license) may be a bit confusing. I would suggest reading the original Statute 16-11-120.

I was looking under 16-11-132 which states:

§ 16-11-132. Possession of handgun by person under the age of 18 years

(a) For the purposes of this Code section, a handgun is considered loaded if there is a cartridge in the chamber or cylinder of the handgun.

THat was the only place I could find any information about loaded carry.

However when you look at 16-11-125.1 it states:

§ 16-11-125.1. Definitions

As used in this part, the term:

(1) "Handgun" means a firearm of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which any shot, bullet, or other missile can be discharged by an action of an explosive where the length of the barrel, not including any revolving, detachable, or magazine breech, does not exceed 12 inches; provided, however, that the term "handgun" shall not include a gun which discharges a single shot of .46 centimeters or less in diameter.
___

So as you have stated, according to law it does look as if I can, and would even lean that way. However it has been my experience where I live that I tend to get different answers from different police officers when asked. The main problem I see is, is no where in the entire statue that I have been able to find does it actually come out and specifically say, a CCP holder can carry a loaded handgun. As with most laws I error on the side of caution, plus as I said, I do reduce the risk of shooting myself in the foot while attempting to unholster if my safety snags and there is an accidental discharge.

Back