Contact Customs NOW - Save one-handers!

URGENT NEWS - We need your help! Your folding knives are in jeopardy. So are you !

AKTI opposes U.S. Customs' May 21 attempt to revoke the permission granted earlier to import assisted-opening knives. They propose to re-classify assisted-opening knives as switchblades. AKTI fears that their broad new language will redefine all one-hand-opening knives as switchblades. If U.S. Customs succeeds, they will effectively ban all folding knives from interstate commerce. Individuals who cross state lines into states where switchblades are banned will be subject to arrest and prosecution.

AKTI's request for an extension to respond to the proposed ruling has been denied today (June 10). We need you to register your opposition today. Your comments must be received by U.S. Customs via snailmail (emails not permitted) by June 21st (that's a Sunday so plan on getting your response to them by June 20 or earlier).

This is not someone else's problem. This is huge. U.S. Customs is serious. Help us to help you! Go to www.akti.org now and get more information, including reading the entire proposal (focus on Schedule E, which is the first of several revocation letters in the long document). We've also created model letters, Knife User Data sheets, and AKTI Talking Points so you can write a clear, rational letter that reflects your concerns as either an individual or business owner.

Thank you!

David D. Kowalski
AKTI Communications Coordinator

What about the bill on the Governor's desk in Texas? Seems to me like this would be an important step against the Customs agancy.

I don't have a link, but it's a bill that is on the governor's desk that says one-hand openers and assisted opening knives are not switchblades.

We have sent our letters.
Hopefully all of us here will.
Terry

I came here to post this myself....

Good job. I sent my letters. Despicable, absolutely despicable...

This should be a sticky. If customs passes this, there will be LITTLE use for a site called the Blade Forums!!!

Back