Copying and Pasting IMG urls

Was trying to figure out how to copy a BBcode for an image from imgur.com and finally figured out which code to copy but my issues whenever i copy from imgur what i paste here is slightly different. The characters [ and ] get replaced with what i listed below. Can anyone shed some light if they know something. Keep in mind i am using an ipad (prob not an issue on PC/laptop) and tried with Safari and Google Chrome.

%5D equals this character ]

%5B
equals this character [

I'm assuming you're using Photobucket, in which case there really isn't an easy fix because the IMG link to copy includes the HTML hex codes for all the non-alphanumeric characters including those square brackets, and the reply box doesn't translate those hex codes into their respective characters causing the problems you're running across.

The easier way to post pictures from photobucket is to copy the 'direct' link instead of the IMG link, and using the 'image' icon near the top of the reply box paste the code into the 'image URL' box supplied.

There is an icon if you hover your cursor over the picture in imgur that offers the links once it is uploaded to their site. Or you can copy the http link that contains the image and select the icon to the right of the smiles in the rich text editing menu in the text box where you post. THen paste your link in there.

Back