Counterfeit Zero Tolerance knives on eBay

There are at least three counterfeit Zero Tolerance Knives on eBay right now. I have reported them to eBay. I talked to someone at ZT's HQ. These knives are definitely fake.

They are ZT 0566 knives. Two of them are silver/UNCOATED knives that are listed as 'blackwash knives'. They have the model number 0566BW, yet they aren't black. If you go do a search on eBay for BW knives, they use the same photographs, and show serial numbers of 0369, IIRC. Real ZT 0566 knives have serial numbers well over 5000. The price is $99.99.

So, for no good reason at all, they have very low serial numbers. So far, all I've seen are fake ZT 0556 model knives. But there could be more. The 0350 would seem to be a 'good' knife to counterfeit, as there are so many on eBay.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up - and for letting Kai know -

best

mqqn

There are at least three counterfeit Zero Tolerance Knives on eBay right now. I have reported them to eBay. I talked to someone at ZT's HQ. These knives are definitely fake.

They are ZT 0566 knives. Two of them are silver/UNCOATED knives that are listed as 'blackwash knives'. They have the model number 0566BW, yet they aren't black. If you go do a search on eBay for BW knives, they use the same photographs, and show serial numbers of 0369, IIRC. Real ZT 0566 knives have serial numbers well over 5000. The price is $99.99.

So, for no good reason at all, they have very low serial numbers. So far, all I've seen are fake ZT 0556 model knives. But there could be more. The 0350 would seem to be a 'good' knife to counterfeit, as there are so many on eBay.

If i'm bored I will look on there for fake PM2s and what not and report them. Only two or three times did eBay actually shut the auction down that I can remember, it's really a shame, I know it's hard to control and screen all those listings but it definitely turned me off from eBay permanently.

Bought my first true Spyderco on Ebay. Realized within 10 mins out of the box that it was a fake. Learned my lesson about too good to be true. Finally threw down and picked up a stainless dragonfly that has taken over my rotation. Looks roughly the same, quality will always count more than looks.

Frankly, I don't understand the appeal of eBay, unless the knife is old, out of production, etc... If you want a WW2 era Kabar, then fine, I get it. But if buying new, it's not really any better than KnifeCenter, BladeHQ, USAMadeBlade, or any of the other legit vendors.
I mean, i get that the non-knut public doesn't know, or doesn't care. But why do those who know better still bother with the Bay?

I hate fakes and will never own or order one. Was at a show in my town a couple of years ago and a guy who was set up had tables full of them!! Fake Hinderer, Spyderco, ZT, Benchmade, ect!! I told everyone I knew in there about them and tried to find the person running the show but they had left to eat lunch. I should have taken pictures but was not thinking. No one deserves to be treated like that. Thank You! Kevin

Frankly, I don't understand the appeal of eBay, unless the knife is old, out of production, etc... If you want a WW2 era Kabar, then fine, I get it. But if buying new, it's not really any better than KnifeCenter, BladeHQ, USAMadeBlade, or any of the other legit vendors.
I mean, i get that the non-knut public doesn't know, or doesn't care. But why do those who know better still bother with the Bay?

Some sellers on eBay have legit knives at lower prices. Brand new in the box and for a good deal less than you can find them elsewhere. If you have a bit of experience buying on eBay, it's not that hard to stay clear of the fakers and pick up a deal on something nice at a savings.

If the title says its real then you should be able to file a complaint. I bought two jerseys on ebay, both authentic Nike according to the title. One was fake as hell, but since the title said it was real ebay issued me a full refund and shipping once i provided them a return tracking #.

You are mistaken. Prices on new knives are 10 to 30% cheaper on eBay than buying from a knife website. A new ZT 0450 titanium cost $129 on eBay. USPS Priority Mail shipping included. ALL the knife websites sell it for $160. That's a savings of $31, or 20%. I don't know about you, but that's a BIG difference, for me.

I picked up a ZT 0562CF, 0909, 0804, and a B/M Proxy, off ebay recently , all nib ,all authentic saving 205 dollars total, compared to commonly listed prices.

I picked up a ZT 0562CF, 0909, 0804, and a B/M Proxy, off ebay recently , all nib ,all authentic saving 205 dollars total, compared to commonly listed prices.

You've done very well. You have to read the ads carefully, and buy from established sellers, but there are some very good deals to be had.

That 0562CF is an especially nice knife. Not too big to EDC, especially in cooler weather, with heavier clothing. Extremely high grade blade steel. An extremely nice knife, especially if you can get it at a discount on eBay. It's an expensive knife.

The 0909 is a nice larger, more heavy duty knife. Not cheap, but not as expensive as the nicer 0804. The clip is plain strong coated spring steel, mounted so you can still get a good grip on the knife, when it's clipped to your pocket. The double sided textured G-10 scales, unusual for a ZT knife, make for a good grip even with wet hands. What I call a real 'working knife'.

what i do is goto aliexpress or dhgate and search a buncha terms for the knife i want to buy and i stay away from buying those on ebay, because they are obviously clones that i dont want. if its not on one of those sites i will buy it. if any questions, always ask so you have proof to show pay pal for them to get your money back.

i have bought many ZT's for way cheaper than msrp/MAP on ebay. but i feel i get better selection and prices here on BF's.

Last edited:
The cheapest 0562cf I found on the bay is 185 dollars and the knife is used. I saw multiple deals like that on bladeforums. What am I missing?

when you ebay, you have to be very smart, and even then you may not be the winner of the bidding. i wont give any secrets away cause i want them to myself lol. its really not that difficult tho.

Wow, I'm a new forum member and I found this thread. The reason that's important is because I happened to buy the ZT 0566 with the serial# 0369! I got caught up in the auction and didn't look at the knife closely enough. I won the auction and was ecstatic! So I popped over to another sellers page and purchased a complete set of blue anodized titanium hardware. Both arrived a day apart with the knife arriving last Friday.
I'm very familiar with Kershaw knives but haven't been able to actually hold a ZT. Now there were warning signs to this knife being a fake. First being there was no spring assist. Second being the ZT logo on the blade is an orangeish brown and not black. Third being what was mentioned above it had 0566bw and was clearly not blackwash. But even with all that evidence pointing to it being a clone it never dawned on me. So I sat down and got to disassembly of the knife in order to switch to the blue hardware, well not a single screw or offset fit the knife. So I emailed the hardware seller to let him know he sent me the wrong set. He replied immediately to inform me I most likely bought a clone and sent a link for me to look at. And there my knife was stock photos and all!!!
I contacted the seller of the knife to tell him that he sold me a fake. He responded right away apologizing saying he didn't know and that know he knows he got ripped off. Long story short LOL. I worked out a deal with him that plays out like this..... I'm keeping the fake so he can't resell it! I'll give it to my 13 year old son. The clone site priced it at 32$ I'm guessed around 8 for s/h told him I'd subtract 40$ from what I payed him for a real 0566. If I'm keeping the fake I'll pay for it. So his sob story aside he owes me 80$ or I will totally ruin him on eBay! He's already initiated the process and I do believe he didn't know. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves to be a lying POS! Because I really HATE F&@*#IN THEIVES!!!!! sorry I got long winded there! I needed to vent to people that might care and understand that this really messes with a mans emotional state!

Maybe someone can confirm that the ZT 0801 I bought used from Ebay is original or not (I think it is, have not yet received it). bought it here http://ebay.to/2oNKHzj and when I won I did not know that fake ones exist :S I'm sorry for big image, but can't put it on spoiler either.
zt0801.jpg

Last edited:
You've done very well. You have to read the ads carefully, and buy from established sellers, but there are some very good deals to be had.

That's really all you need to do. If you read the description on most fakes they flat out tell you it's a replica. It's pretty easy to spot that as well. A brand new "PM2" for $70 does not happen, so if you see that, it's almost guaranteed to be a fake.

Now there are a few shysters trying to pass off a fake for the real thing, but that's when feedback comes into play.

As long as you're careful and pay attention, you can get some amazingly good deals on eBay. You just need to know what to look for.

Back