Couple of Pics

The pattern on them is stunning!

Not sure how we need to handle Phillip and Kymedic.

Those rat snakes look pretty. Black on black. Nice. Very tactical.

Awesome pictures gents, though I made the mistake of reading through this thread just before bed last night, which made for some unpleasant dreams

Ran into two timber rattlers up in the Adirondacks a week or so ago on vacation. Locals said they've been more numerous this season. Haven't seen many snakes at all in WNC this summer though.

Almost stepped on this guy in the grass. I was walking out into a irrigated field to get a photograph of some black birds. I don't know what species it is and would like to know if anyone can identify it? i have more pictures if necessary.

26985629121_6b8bb8282a_b.jpg

From here it looks like a hog nose, but I'm waiting for Dysphoric to comment.

From here it looks like a hog nose, but I'm waiting for Dysphoric to comment.

Thank you, Luca! I looked it up and in the black melanistic phase it does look close. I'm not sure if that's it or not:confused: Looking forward to hear what Dysphoric has to say as he and his son seem to be the resident herpetologists

Thank you, Luca! I looked it up and in the black melanistic phase it does look close. I'm not sure if that's it or not:confused: Looking forward to hear what Dysphoric has to say as he and his son seem to be the resident herpetologists

I believe you are right. Would love to see more pics. It is about impossible to find a Hognose in east TN anymore. See if you can find him again. He should have shed by now. They are rear fanged and do have some venom but only aware of one envenomation by a herpetologist who rubbed a frog on his skin to stimulate the bite.

I believe you are right. Would love to see more pics. It is about impossible to find a Hognose in east TN anymore. See if you can find him again. He should have shed by now. They are rear fanged and do have some venom but only aware of one envenomation by a herpetologist who rubbed a frog on his skin to stimulate the bite.

I probably never see him again as I was on a long drive and a chance stop when i saw him. Thanks for your thoughts and here are a few more pics. Next time I will think to get more angles for better identification. The one angle does show a more curvy jaw line and would suggest hognose.

28325298423_e70e75ab53_b.jpg

28836462412_6ac2bd2459_b.jpg

28325296083_65af678a0f_b.jpg

Thank again to both of you and I did have my trusty Bushboot on me:D

Honest admission-

I'm not "afraid" of snakes though I'm not going to cuddle them either. However, this thread is going to give me nightmares. DJ- how does your kid hold all those snakes so calmly?!?

Honest admission-

I'm not "afraid" of snakes though I'm not going to cuddle them either. However, this thread is going to give me nightmares. DJ- how does your kid hold all those snakes so calmly?!?

Because his kid is a flat-out badass. Both my boys have voted.

Yea DJ Jr. is definitely a little bad ass. I witnessed him kicking the ass of two Busse dudes at blade, and they both had knives.

Finally something to contribute!

I've been trying to get a pic of him, and sadly we found him dead tonight. He's been living in our bathroom and was huge when he'd spread out.

Late night pit stops just won't have the same excitement.

Finally something to contribute!

I've been trying to get a pic of him, and sadly we found him dead tonight. He's been living in our bathroom and was huge when he'd spread out.

Late night pit stops just won't have the same excitement.

Are all the creatures in your AO dying:D

Love the colors on this copperhead:

Copperhead_zpsewmybzpd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Because his kid is a flat-out badass. Both my boys have voted.

That is funny. Now if we could just get him potty trained. Draft video he is doing for a project that encompasses some RAT training this summer. Lot of fun if you ever get the opportunity.

[video=youtube;R1CbyGwO9io]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1CbyGwO9io[/video]

Back