Couple of Pics

My daughter with a rather docile King Snake when we were up in Nebraska camping/fishing back in June.

Yes, she IS smiling... :D :thumbup:

closer than I wanna be

20161002_153857_zpswcdso2ek.jpg

20161002_153854_zps4ixy6bje.jpg

i need a snake ID's before I do what I want to it after finding this in my house

20161016_184011_zpsj4efm0c0.jpg

My guess is garter snake but the pic is unclear

d46e051016bbd5218c3472708912250e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
in the house?!?

yes...Max jumped up and ran to the towards the back of the house. I went to see what got his attention so quickly and it was slithering across the carpet.

i wonder why the pic did not show up in your quote.

can you see the pic?

I can see the pic in your post but it my quote. No biggie. The real issue is the SNAKE IN YOUR HOUSE!!

I'll pray for you brother. Lol

On a good note you probably don't have a mouse problem... or if you did it's gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a Dekay's Snake also known as the "Flesh Melting Demon" :D

I can't tell for sure, but appears to be a harmless Dekay's snake. Could be wrong.

Man, to be an early teen living on a farm again!!!

I used to relocate Black Rats for folks who had mice issues and keep water snakes in drums by the creek. I would keep snakes in old coal buckets and feed them mice I trapped. Grandpa would laugh at my "welfare" snakes.

Later I kept and bred SW US Colubrids for a hobby.

Another snake that will back you up is a Black Racer, I do not see them much anymore but used to catch them in Amelia and Nottoway counties in Virginia.

I wish I had a pic but I do have a funny story---

My Dad hated snakes but tolerated me catching and keeping them for short stints. While camping in Amelia Co. once I had a very nice adult Black Rat that was wrapped around my left forearm/hand and got a very nice bite grip on the web of my right hand . I was "cuffed". I could not get him to let go and Dad laughed when I asked for his help. He did run me a bucket of cold water to submerge the snake in. After a minute or so, the snake decided to let go and I decided he was done playing with me :)

Knowledge is the best tool against fear.

DJ, I envy your son ;)

Bill

Bill,

Your dad clearly understood good parenting! Got yourself into it...get yourself out of it!

i need a snake ID's before I do what I want to it after finding this in my house

20161016_184011_zpsj4efm0c0.jpg

Thought about this post yesterday. Was sawing some wood when I kept encountering a 5ft black rat snake. I kept moving him over a course of about an hour and he kept getting in the way. I put him in a bag and hung it on the kitchen door while I was working. I was then going to put him back where he obviously was having a grand 'ol time. Finished in the woods and sure enough, the bag was empty. Figured he might crawl out to watch the debate but he was a no show.

Thought about this post yesterday. Was sawing some wood when I kept encountering a 5ft black rat snake. I kept moving him over a course of about an hour and he kept getting in the way. I put him in a bag and hung it on the kitchen door while I was working. I was then going to put him back where he obviously was having a grand 'ol time. Finished in the woods and sure enough, the bag was empty. Figured he might crawl out to watch the debate but he was a no show.

I envision Phillip burning the house down. Though I admit I'm no fan of snakes surprising me in my house. I once had one drop off a door frame and around my neck as I was heading out to the grill with a platter of burgers. The kids were quite impressed that I could move like that and not drop a single burger! And they learned a whole new set of curse words.

Come on DJ!
Been missing your contributions. Let's get this going again...been too long, and it drives Phillip insane!

Phillip threatened me down at Scott's place so I have not caught a snake since:D

I think the snakes are confused by the winter heat in east TN and have headed north for the real winter to keep their survival skills sharp.

I shall return in April.

Back