Couple of Pics

Cool to know ;) Black racers around here tend to run from "twitchy" to downright defensive.

My Screen name is taken from an earlier taxonomic name for one of your more popular snakes- Lampropeltis Mexicana Alterna- they later dropped the "Mexicana". Popular name Gray Banded Kingsnake- my first store bought pet snake.

Bill

None of that matters to Phillip. It could be a garter snake, or a diamondback rattler. He's going to burn the house down.

My father in law is scared to death of ANY snake. He claims "A green snake is a rattlesnake that's just not ripe yet."

My father in law is scared to death of ANY snake. He claims "A green snake is a rattlesnake that's just not ripe yet."

That's hilarious! I'm going to use that, though I don't really mind snakes as long as they aren't bothering me or surprising me.

I'm the same way. I don't mind snakes as long as I know they're around. I'm not much on picking them up and messing with them but if they leave me alone I'll leave them alone. I did have a big black rat snake fall around my neck and shoulders as I was walking out the back door to head to the barbecue grill. My boys got quite a laugh out of it. The damn thing was draped over the door and just fell on me when I opened it. They couldn't believe that I didn't drop the platter of burgers I was carrying.

We Italians will die for our food!

This guy washed out of the woods with all the heavy rains recently. Found several ringnecks and a dead garter as well.
BFE1F801-E567-4860-9960-14D43B62F216_zpsartecfdl.jpg

Why does the back of that snake look like a pigs nose? Tell me you see it! ^^ D DYSPHORIC JOY
This snake is in poor condition. Looks much better after it crawled through the water. It either washed out of the den site or was caught in the rushing water. I moved it back up the hill. I have never seen copperheads in that particular area.

They are mixing with pigs this year:D

VANCE VANCE - my guess is yes, poisonous. The head is larger than the neck unlike a garter snake where the head is more inline with the body. But just my red neck understanding and not a perfect rule m

D DYSPHORIC JOY did I get a point??

Back