CPK Bladesports Chopper

Any chance of a 3V version as well ? Delta 3V is probably much more corosion resistant than 4V. Since I plan to use it mostly to clear 4 wheeler trails extra corrosion resistance would be a big plus...

Don't conflate me with speaking for CPK here but I really don't think you will want to use a Bladesport Chopper to clear a trail.

It's made to be used carefully by a skilled hand on known tasks.

Its likely to be more fragile than the RLC and the RLC can be damaged by a wayward cut.

I wouldn't suggest you take a F1 car down a road with potholes to pick up groceries.

Don't conflate me with speaking for CPK here but I really don't think you will want to use a Bladesport Chopper to clear a trail.

It's made to be used carefully by a skilled hand on known tasks.

Its likely to be more fragile than the RLC and the RLC can be damaged by a wayward cut.

I wouldn't suggest you take a F1 car down a road with potholes to pick up groceries.

Ok thanks for bringing me back to reality...

So this will be pretty much only be dedicated to bladesports, not serious work

Interesting choice of words, I'll take a stab at it.

Nathan is generally straight forward on naming his knives with the intended purpose in mind. The Light Chopper is just that. Then the Heavy Chopper.

So when he says he has in his possession 2 knives that have won World Championships, and is attempting to meld the best parts of both into one knife, designed to win World Championships...

I expect it will be designed without compromise for one purpose, winning World Championships.

And I'm not sure that winning World Championships wouldn't be considered "real work". Sounds more like real work than clearing a recreational trail used for recreation to me!

It's C P K, after all.

One final note. This is pure speculation, but check out the price of Dan's knives. $1500 USD is a number you will see come up for a knife sized similar to what I think this one might be. I would bet Nathan's prices will be closer to that than the LC.

The last thing you are going to want to do with your expensive race knife is beat it like it was a cheap machete clearing trails.

A competition cutter could do that job but I think if it were me I'd rather use a regular chopper clearing trails, they're a little more durable and versatile with more robust bevels and work with multiple grips. We have our Light Chopper which is a light and capable tool, we're coming out with a Medium Chopper in a few months that are a bit heavier, and we're working on a 12" Chopper now that is basically a stretched Heavy Chopper that would be up to heavier work. With those tools to choose from I think a Bladesports knife would be a cool but perhaps less practical choice.

Very encouraging news regarding the Medium Chopper pattern as a main staple just because with about a dozen or so BCs in the forecast, there will most likely be some broken hearts! Will the CPK-MC be slightly longer than the LC, apart from coming in at both heftier and beefier?

Very encouraging news regarding the Medium Chopper pattern as a main staple just because with about a dozen or so BCs in the forecast, there will most likely be some broken hearts! Will the CPK-MC be slightly longer than the LC, apart from coming in at both heftier and beefier?

It will be a hair longer, around .215 stock thickness, a little bit different handle. I'm planning a batch of about 40 to start.

^ I'd give you a bear hug in a very brotherly love kinda way if you were closer, but because of the vast distances in between, I may just have to send the CPK-Adults a case of our local microbrews made down here in 'Diego instead :)

Too bad that Lorien will be gypped!

It will be a hair longer, around .215 stock thickness, a little bit different handle. I'm planning a batch of about 40 to start.
What will be different about the handle, length, swell? I wouldn't mind a handle about a half inch shorter than on the light chopper.

Will it have a tip like the LC or the HC?

Looking forward to the details on this chopper.:thumbsup:

Needs...Wants... they all look so similar.

No kidding.
I thought I only needed the Behemoth, now I want a Medium and Light Chopper just to have them.
These first world problems are tough.

At least I can probably talk myself out of wasting money on a folder so I can get one of these.

Excellent news on all accounts
I like the golok/cleaver type profile for a chopper so that was why I was so interested in the competition chopper

These types of knives have been used for centuries in south east asia as very efficient chopping tools

A pointed tip in a chopper is not that useful and inly remives weight from the front... front heavy choppers tend to chop better

Man.. you guys are getting in my head..

I grew up using a pocket knife and a hatchet for everything in the woods. Then as I got a little older I switched to 3-4 inch fixed blades and a hatchet. Now I carry a 3-4 inch fixed blade and a 19-26 inch axe.

You guys are making me think I could get by without the axe if I had me a choppin' knife. Suddenly I want a MC or HC.. I never really considered it. I'm an axe guy.. or at least I am for now..

Guess I'll have to give it a whirl.

I grew up using a pocket knife and a hatchet for everything in the woods. Then as I got a little older I switched to 3-4 inch fixed blades and a hatchet. Now I carry a 3-4 inch fixed blade and a 19-26 inch axe.

You guys are making me think I could get by without the axe if I had me a choppin' knife. Suddenly I want a MC or HC.. I never really considered it. I'm an axe guy.. or at least I am for now..

Don't forget the light Chopper-Great Knife and very Lightweight:D:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:

That's the spirit! :thumbsup: :D

Back