CPK knives you want to buy

Justin are there any pics of your Shiv and Fighter in Osage? I need to see them.

I need to take the shivs out and image them together. I've been thinking about having a customs buddy do some matching wood scales on a couple blades in black palm, cut on the bias. Or maybe do a cerakote with black palm, though it's one absolutely hellish wood to work with. And finding a cerakote shiv, not easy either. Here is a pic of a box made of black palm. Scales would display like the top of the box and ends, well, like the end cut sections of scales:

medium800.jpg

Anyway, don't you have length laws that prevent 8" blades from importation? And what about sharpened top clips? Isn't there a double edge law in Australia? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Anyway, don't you have length laws that prevent 8" blades from importation? And what about sharpened top clips? Isn't there a double edge law in Australia? Just wondering.

No law on blade lengths. In Victoria we cannot have swords without a permit but you can in other states without a permit. I've imported many knives with 8"+ blades no worries.

As for sharpened top clips, I don't believe we can have those as it is double edged BUT you can import it if the edge isn't sharp. So a false edge. For example a maker could do a false edge and not sharpen it, you import it and sharpen it yourself...

Laws are stupid. Well, our knife laws are.

EDIT: Is the Shiv double edged? I didn't think the top taper/swedge was sharpened.

Laws are stupid. Well, our knife laws are.
-e
EDIT: Is the Shiv double edged? I didn't think the top taper/swedge was sharpened.

Some of the shivs were purposely clip-sharpened. Some states allow the double edge, some don't. So there are some out there. I know, for instance, that I have more double-edge shivs (ie, with a sharpened clip) than single edge. I am pretty sure, though, that I may have at least one that doesn't have the top clip sharpened.

Some of the shivs were purposely clip-sharpened. Some states allow the double edge, some don't. So there are some out there. I know, for instance, that I have more double-edge shivs than single edge. I am pretty sure, though, that I may have at least one that doesn't have the top clip sharpened.

When Nathan makes some Shiv's in D3V I will have to request that he does mine with a single edge :D

If he shows a fighter, a shiv, AND a skinner in osage orange I'd probably just plain forget to breath at all for awhile. :cool:

Nathan needs to do a random Fire Sale with like 10 Shiv's, Fighters, "Behemoth" Choppers and D2 Skinners...

There were many fewer double edged shivs than single edge, so if he does make any more shivs, I imagine you would have no problem getting a single edger.

If he shows a fighter, a shiv, AND a skinner in osage orange I'd probably just plain forget to breath at all for awhile. :cool:

I do not have a skinner in Osage. The one I had was African Blackwood, and the one I have now is Cocobolo on a G10 liner. There are plenty of Osage skinners out there though!

I do not have a skinner in Osage. The one I had was African Blackwood, and the one I have now is Cocobolo on a G10 liner. There are plenty of Osage skinners out there though!

I wish I had some Osage mounted on a CPK. I bet they look awesome; Osage fighters!

Cocobolo lined with g10 sounds pretty dang good too. Nice job landing that one Justin.

I did a write up some time ago, last year I guess. I'm sure you can find it on the sub form somewhere though my ISP discontinued thier FTP service so I think the pics won't work anymore.

No doubt I want a couple soon-to-be-named "survival style" knives, though doubt if more than one would ever be possible to obtain, as few as will be produced. As I think about it, there's no reason NOT to call it a survival knive because every maker on earth, almost, has issued their own "survival" knife.

And a couple Behemoth Choppers.

And at least one more LC.

And as many shivs and UFs as become available secondarily.

Last edited:
Adam, I can't recall if you own an FK or not but at the expense of coming across as a total Koolaid drinking fanboy, the CPK-FK could possibly be The Best 4"-5" knife on the market pound for pound, to steal a combat sport cliche!

I suppose Nathan and Co could consider some revisions to the FK 1.0 and there are some talks about a future FK 2.0 with a different steel (4V?) and heat treat, but as far as ergos are concerned, hard to improve upon as it is currently
presented! One thing to note, Nathan could consider making a bush crafty thinner FK-Light Saber (anorexic, huh?) but IIRC, Nathan is not a bush crafty oriented type of manufacturer. I could be way off base though, as per usual!

Lorien, I have no doubt about that statement but I seem to remember that he was at most lukewarm toward a bushcrafty type of knife, but perhaps you can convince him to sprinkle some of his magic dust on one of your BC'ing aspirations ;)

Back