Review CPK Mark's FM7 Folder Specs

+1 - I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard about the folder but these look awesome.

Just to make a distinction from what I have understood so far: these are the folders which CPK-Mark has designed and produced since he is reportedly more of a folder guy than Nathan. My understanding is that these are not necessarily the folders which may end up as CPK-Folder bearing the Carothers / LA insignia. That said, it would be an educated guess to assume that the CPK-Folder will be inspired by this platform which Mark has designed and created.

Oh my gawd its's huge!

This thing is serious business. If anyone has one to compare against say a Medford or something I'd love to see pics.

It's an MM: Mark's Megalodon!

Seems Mark owns a bevy of folders himself so let him whip out that Medford for comparison.

True, either is good with me though since it's all coming out of the same shop with the same standards. It's like a separate division of the same company, which makes sense if Mark is more of the folder type

^ that was the impetus to shark reference then added its comparative size to the displayed herd and Voila!

^ Smaller than Mark's folder? Smaller than the CPK-EDC? Or smaller than both?

^^^Oh sweet baby jesus.. I'll take 3837 of them.

Last edited:
in my mind's eye, I see the EDC as a framelock with a contoured and striated handle in titanium and D3V blade riding on bushings

I designed the EDC with the thought in mind that you need about an inch more handle than blade in order to make it into a folder, although I had no idea how well it would work until I started messing around with it. The profile of the pattern you see in the above vid is identical to the fixed blade version, and the only thing that would need to change in that regard for a folder is the length of the guard/flipper tab

in my mind's eye, I see the EDC as a framelock with a contoured and striated handle in titanium and D3V blade riding on bushings

I designed the EDC with the thought in mind that you need about an inch more handle than blade in order to make it into a folder, although I had no idea how well it would work until I started messing around with it. The profile of the pattern you see in the above vid is identical to the fixed blade version, and the only thing that would need to change in that regard for a folder is the length of the guard/flipper tab
I'm in for 2 at least

Now we know that the folder is most likely going to be a framelock flipper. Nice...

Foe those who are new(er) to CPK and also new to Lorien Arnold who is designer of the CPK knives which you see the insignia LA on the presentation side, it is worth mentioning again that Lorien has designed other folders before, for other makers. Betzner has already mentioned some of those makers' names.

OK folks, here is my new arrival from Mark. All the stats mentioned before relative to size are right on, 4" blade, 5 1/2" closed, 9" opened. A Beast:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Back