Cqc 10 vs 7

the 7 I am looking at is satin with serrations and wave. But I have been eyeing up a 10. Which would you take and why ?

The 7 is the quessestional Emerson knife if you can only have one....perfect utility all purpose, handle to blade ratio and weight distribution......then the horseman,10,13, mini 100 all tied for second

Between the 7 &10. I would choose the 7, 10 or roadhouse? Roadhouse. But the horseman is my favorite.

The 8 and the Horseman are my favorite to use and carry.

That said, if you are going to get only one Emerson, and it's going to be a production model, make it the 7. If you want to actually use it on certain foods and you're not left handed, get a V-grind.

If you want to have an Emerson with history and heritage - and carry another knife in addition to it (as many of us do) then the wrong-sided chisel grind (in the opinion of some of us right handed folk) will still be a great utility knife that would be suitable for SD as well.

The 10 is a great choice. Mid sized, nice ergonomics and an outstanding all around utility knife. Doesn't tend to scare non-knife people either.

The 7's handle make it quite comfortable both in hand with several grips, and in the pocket. The lack of choils, bumps and cutouts, it's simple design, gives good ergos, for me at least. I have two 7's, a mini part serrated and a plain edge 7v.

I would (and did) choose the 7 for first Emerson because for me it was THE Emerson. On the other hand, I have only seen positive things about the 10 also, so get what you want, you can always get the other one later :)

(I also have the Horseman, and while I like the 7 handle better, the banana blade is a delight to use, and worth considering down the line :) )

I am a fan of the CQC-8 and, of course, the Horseman which is really a Mini-8.

That being said, THE production Emerson to get is, as i stated in my precious post, the CQC-7.

Hoever, as much as I like my 8s, (Regular, Super or Mini) the CQC-10 is probably the best all-around user Emerson.

I had one for a week on a pass around and have to say, it is unfairly overlooked.

Well guys just a heads up, I have a mini 15, bulldog and a gentleman Jim (which was my first Emerson)

I one time had a clone 7 and it left a bad taste in my mouth and as such I have avoided a real 7, but would like a 7v.

The next one I get I am going to bolster or at least try to

I started with the 7. It was an excellent edc for a LEO. On duty it was perfect.
I've had the 10 for about a decade. It is truly a jack of all trades. It screams I dare you to find something I can't do.

Back