• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current issue with Scrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, it sounds like he was saying that it's "his right" to utilize PayPal Buyer Protection if he so chooses. I did not take it as him saying it was "his right" to use the knife to his heart's content and then file a PayPal dispute for a return.

To me (without seeing the conversation yet), it looks like you both are a little butt hurt and probably pissed each other off with less-than-respectful comments towards one another. Time to grow up and resolve it...and yes, that applies to both of you.

edit: I see you added the conversation, thanks.

--------

"For what it's worth, it sounds like he was saying that it's "his right" to utilize PayPal Buyer Protection if he so chooses. I did not take it as him saying it was "his right" to use the knife to his heart's content and then file a PayPal dispute for a return.
You both have significant feedback. The un-edited exchange of contacts (emails, PMs, whatever) would help in this situation."
EXACTLY! Thank you. (from Scrim)

Yeah...that was before I saw the actual log of the conversation, where you make yourself out to be a completely shady, scamming bully. Make no mistake about it, you're in the wrong here.

I don't really feel a need to defend anything in here on my end...but I'll spend a few minutes since my chiming in was requested. Also not sure if what was posted is compete but I don't have a ton of time to sift through threads, and waste that kind of time on pocket knife. It's quite simple. I was sold a knife with a big, obvious problem which was not disclosed by the seller. I believe I can decide if I want to keep it & and live with it or try to fix it...or not touch it and return it. But that is my reasonable decision as a buyer. I'm a little stunned at the negative comments towards me when it was the seller who did something wrong to begin with. How I choose to deal with it is at my discretion, fair, reasonable and by all the rules. As far as people that don't want to do business with me, when I've done everything by the rules and paid instantly, etc.....feel free to put me on your ignore list. You are obviously the type of seller/buyer or member I don't want to deal with. I like to deal with members that don't do slimy things in transactions and then follow up with threats toward a 100% honest buyer (& seller occasionally). Some real gems within this group. I gotta laugh.:p

-- PS. Mqqn, Your comment is most surprising as we had a very nice transaction the past.

Oh well, I guess verbally stabbing someone in the back, that has treated you well in the past, is A-OK with some of you guys. Best of luck to ya. -- To the rest of the great members I've dealt with here on BF, many more than once, I look forward to more transactions and cool & interesting interactions. To the morons & scumbags, please, put me on your ignore list immediately! Thx, Scrim:D

Had you done to me what you are doing to Kevin, it would not have been positive.

My feedback there was based on the transaction, and it was perfect.

A person shows their true colors when they have issues to deal with, as in this case.

If you feel like it is a stab in the back, time to take a deep breath, look at all the fact and then see if you feel like you are being reasonable.

I am in the camp that does not believe, based on only cut-and-paste evidence of the transaction, that you are being reasonable.

What are you out, besides the time to repackage and take have your carrier pick up the item?

I would be happy to do so, particularly if the seller was bending over backwards to make sure I was not out any money from the failed transaction.

This is completely without regard to who or what was "wrong".

I hope you can come to an agreeable outcome. ]

* edit - for the benefit of the others in the thread, I did sell Scrim a small sebenza in Jan 2015 and the transaction could not have gone better.

best

mqqn

Last edited:
Sad to see this kind of behavior. Clearly, the buyer indicates by his own words he is unhappy with the item.
He is offered a full refund and no out of pocket expenses.
He decides that he is going to mull things over, despite statements that clearly indicate dissatisfaction.
Personally, I don't see what else a seller in this circumstance can do to appease the buyer short of giving him he knife free of charge and maybe buying him a pizza as a consolation prize.
I'm sorry, as a member I would not be comfortable with this if I was the seller.
Unless the buyer can prove the seller is in orrect this has a pretty clear path to resolution. Why muddy the waters when it is uncalled for? This is insane, it doesn't take 180 days to decide that you don't like an item like a knife. This can be classified as malicious buying, and it will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
You guys really aught to re-read the details provided. And yes, Kevin left a few things out of his "log". I don't really care. I don't have the time to satisfy everyone that says, "well, I'd like to see this, or that". Frankly, I don't give a crap about your negative opinions as they, in some cases, are backing the seller/wrongdoer. I'm sure your opposing opinions matter to your mom or someone, but not to me, the guy that has played by the rules here. So, in closing, you're backing the wrong horse here. The seller wronged the buyer. I'm checking what the rules are and what my rights are and deciding what, if anything, I want to do in this case. You ladies that jumped all over me and defended a seller that hid a problem with the knife he sold me, AND offered a partial refund ( I didn't ask for it first, or plan anything nefarious ever) are idiots. (Sorry, my opinion only of course.) But anyone with a brain, in this same situation would do some variation of the same kind of follow up. Maybe they'd roll over, or accept hidden BS & threats more lovingly than I do...but I don't...that's just my style, like it or not. If we met in person, you'd see I'm a very nice guy but don't accept BS from people. Not even a little bit. But "style" doesn't change what's right or wrong, ethically, in business or in every day life events.

mike sylvia...is that you?

your side of this transaction is asinine. send the knife back, get your money back, be done. how is that difficult?

Sad to see this kind of behavior. Clearly, the buyer indicates by his own words he is unhappy with the item.
He is offered a full refund and no out of pocket expenses.
He decides that he is going to mull things ocer, despite statements that clearly indicate dissatisfaction.
Personally, I don't see what else a seller in this circumstance can do to appease the buyer short of giving him he knife free of charge and maybe buying him a pizza as a consolation prize.
I'm sorry, as a member I would not be comfortable with this if I was the seller.
Unless the buyer can prove the seller is in orrect this has a pretty clear path to resolution. Why muddy the waters when it is uncalled for? This is insane, it doesn't take 180 days to decide that you don't like an item like a knife. This can be classified as malicious buying, and it will not be tolerated.

--------

*You make assumptions and they are incorrect. NO ONE said (I certainly never said) I was planning on taking 180 to decide what, if anything, I wanted to do. I checked what the rules are and shared that verification with the seller. HE decided to go public. YOU, especially as a venerable MOD, should back the guy that plays by the rules and not insert your own assumptions about peoples motives and/or actions not even taken.

You guys really aught to re-read the details provided. And yes, Kevin left a few things out of his "log". I don't really care. I don't have the time to satisfy everyone that says, "well, I'd like to see this, or that". Frankly, I don't give a crap about your negative opinions as they, in some cases, are backing the seller/wrongdoer. I'm sure your opposing opinions matter to your mom or someone, but not to me, the guy that has played by the rules here. So, in closing, you're backing the wrong horse here. The seller wronged the buyer. I'm checking what the rules are and what my rights are and deciding what, if anything, I want to do in this case. You ladies that jumped all over me and defended a seller that hid a problem with the knife he sold me, AND offered a partial refund ( I didn't ask for it first, or plan anything nefarious ever) are idiots. (Sorry, my opinion only of course.) But anyone with a brain, in this same situation would do some variation of the same kind of follow up. Maybe they'd roll over, or accept hidden BS & threats more lovingly than I do...but I don't...that's just my style, like it or not. If we met in person, you'd see I'm a very nice guy but don't accept BS from people. Not even a little bit. But "style" doesn't change what's right or wrong, ethically, in business or in every day life events.

So what you're saying is, the seller paying for return shipping and giving you a full refund is "rolling over"?

You are quite determined that he intentionally hid defects of the knife. Why not do 1 of 2 things.

Take him up on the refund and put this behind your.

Or try to find an amicable solution regarding the partial refund. Then put this transaction behind you.

Personally, if I were the seller I would want it returned and then the buyer refunded with their shipping costs included.

--------

*You make assumptions and they are incorrect. NO ONE said (I certainly never said) I was planning on taking 180 to decide what, if anything, I wanted to do. I checked what the rules are and shared that verification with the seller. HE decided to go public. YOU, especially as a venerable MOD, should back the guy that plays by the rules and not insert your own assumptions about peoples motives and/or actions not even taken.
There is a difference between an assumption and an opinion, two very different things. I'm waiting for your side of the story. You're posting a lot of text but nothing that proves you are "playing by the rules". Do you have copies of the emails tou can screen shot and post? Or is that too much of a time waster, you mention all this is a waste of time so, excuse me if you are hard to read, but you don't really come through as transparent here.
If you don't like the item, send it back and get a refund. That is the easiest thing to do in this case. Especially after your previous posts on this particular manufacurer and the experience you claim to have had with them. That is a no brainer if ever I saw one.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is, the seller paying for return shipping and giving you a full refund is "rolling over"?

No... I'm saying that some buyers "roll over" and just accept whatever they get, like simply accepting something that is in worse condition or has a functional problem that was not disclosed by the seller upfront, BEFORE THE SALE...as in not being disclosed in their sales thread. Accepting getting screwed by a seller (in some way, and there can be many and in varying degrees) is "rolling over".

So let's play your game and say he wronged you. He is now offering to fully refund all money involved in the transaction. Where is he offering you BS? Be a man grow up swallow your childish pride and return the knife and accept your full refund. Nobody is going to pay you for your time and the only way this looks to everyone else is your fishing for a discount on the knife.

EDIT: Not "taking" it or "rolling over" would be sending back the knife not hem-hawing and kicking rocks.

There is a difference between an assumption and an opinion, two very different things. I'm waiting for your side of the story. You're posting a lot of text but nothing that proves you are "playing by the rules". Do you have copies of the emails tou can screen shot and post? Or is thT too much of a time waster, you mention all this is a waste of time so, excuse me if you are hard to read, but tou don't really come through as transparent here.
If you don't like the item, send it back and get a refund. That is the easiest thing to do in this case. Especially after your precious posts on this particular manufacurer and the experience you claim to have had with them. That is a no brainer if ever I saw one.

In fact, my posts re: CKF are about dealing with them on a business level over a year ago approx. I don;t really remember the dates. It's not a comment on their products. And yes, this back & forth really is a huge time waster, RevDevil. And, you should agree, should/could have been handled between seller & buyer. Seller decided to cry about it publicly. And I have only so much time trying to appease you guys and your curiosity. I broke no rules and this is & should be private business. (follow up of opinions on a transaction is what FEEDBACK is for). If ANYONE had a right to publicly bitch about being wronged, it was me. But I didn't. But I did respond. And if I decide to return the knife or live with it, well that's on me...and you folks don't need to be so involved. I know you guys like gossip & reality tv type arguments, but I really am a busy guy and a $258 knife purchase is not that big a deal to me. A seller trying to misrepresent a knife IS. It's the principle, you see. -- I may keep it. I may return it. Not really any of your business. Sorry, hard to accept the truth sometimes. And the last obligation I have on this earth is to feel the need to appease you gossip & argument loving studs. Now go flex or squat or benchpress a few hundred pounds, you tougher-than-tough guys.

Scrim....take a step back and think about it. Either every one is wrong and you are in the right or your the one wrong and are being an unreasonable pain in the ass buyer.
Deals don't always go perfect. It doesn't mean the seller purposely left out there was lock stick if there even is any. Hes offering a full refund and RETURN shipping. There
isn't anymore that he can reasonably do. How about show some understanding and let bygones be bygones.

Scrim....take a step back and think about it. Either every one is wrong and you are in the right or your the one wrong and are being an unreasonable pain in the ass buyer.
Deals don't always go perfect. It doesn't mean the seller purposely left out there was lock stick if there even is any. Hes offering a full refund and RETURN shipping. There
isn't anymore that he can reasonably do. How about show some understanding and let bygones be bygones.

I haven't asked him to do anymore. I'm just deciding what, (again) if ANYTHING...I want to do. Wow guys...read more carefully before you post! Take a breath and try some objectivity.

1. If Kevin left details out, then prove it.

2. You keep saying that you don't have time to post a defense, yet you keep posting irrelevant information.

3. As a female member, it is hard enough enjoying this hobby without feeling self-conscious. There is no need to call people here "ladies" in a derogatory fashion.

4. Why would you want to keep the knife if it isn't to your liking? Just get your money back and call it a day. I live in a Southern California and it would literally take me all of 5 minutes out of my way to get to a post office.

You are quite determined that he intentionally hid defects of the knife. Why not do 1 of 2 things.

Take him up on the refund and put this behind your.

Or try to find an amicable solution regarding the partial refund. Then put this transaction behind you.

Personally, if I were the seller I would want it returned and then the buyer refunded with their shipping costs included.

I tried to let HIM pick a number of what would be a fair partial refund THAT HE OFFERED...then he reneged on that offer. So...been there, tried that. Seller switched it up, not me. He can make his choices about what he wants to do...and conversely, so can I.

So, you have no way to prove you are in the right then, no way to back up your own claims? That is all I need to know really. Yes, I do agree with you, this is a waste of time as you could have moved on but have willfully chosen to roll this out soap opera style. You just seem pissed off and don't want any resolution at all. I don't think anyone knows what you want, including the seller and you. There is no need for your s ide little comments either. I haven't insulted you, but you even seem unable to afford the same courtesy in return. The ball is in your court.

1. If Kevin left details out, then prove it.

2. You keep saying that you don't have time to post a defense, yet you keep posting irrelevant information.

3. As a female member, it is hard enough enjoying this hobby without feeling self-conscious. There is no need to call people here "ladies" in a derogatory fashion.

4. Why would you want to keep the knife if it isn't to your liking? Just get your money back and call it a day. I live in a Southern California and it would literally take me all of 5 minutes out of my way to get to a post office.

"There is no need to call people here "ladies" in a derogatory fashion." -- You're right about that and I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to offend any females by that comment, sincerely.

If you've got the time to write this then you should have the time to copy and paste what Kevin has left out.

Your perception is due to your filter. Which is evident in EVERYTHING you write.

I will not be dealing with you in the future due to your conduct here.

I certainly have a brain and would have gladly accepted the fair and reasonable offer of a no out of pocket return from the seller.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with this Kevin but I thank you for bringing it public so that I may avoid a similar situation.

"There is no need to call people here "ladies" in a derogatory fashion." -- You're right about that and I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to offend any females by that comment, sincerely.

You can respond to one statement but conveniently avoid the PROVE IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back