• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current issue with Scrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, 5/27/16. RevDevil responded to my PM (to him) sent last evening and has reopened this thread. I respect and appreciate his willingness to do that.

One quote from his reply to me: "The thread is open, be my guest and chime in with your decision as the seller is eager to hear from you I'm sure and have this issue resolved."

#1) To kevin4242: To ease your mind on this issue a bit, I can now publicly let you know that I will be keeping the knife and not filing any claim with Payapal. I have improved/lessened the very real & substantial lock-stick that existed on this knife from the second I got it from you.

#2) I feel badly that this transaction went in this direction at all. No need to get into the whys and who feels who is more to blame for what. It should be considered (I hope) water under the bridge that was finalized by the two good people involved in this transaction that (unfortunately) went sideways. Based on reading comments from both parties actually involved in this transaction, I believe we are both good people and unfortunately, occasionally things like this happen. People and their emotions are often imperfect. As long as issues can be fairly rectified, to both parties satisfaction, that’s what should matter most, at least in my opinion. I apologize for my part in any negativity related to this situation.

#3) Another RevDevil quote from his email response to me: “You don't fix defective knives, you send them back." Keeping and repairning a knife, or even improving a knife is at the discretion of the owner of the knife. I’ve repaired and/or improved many knives (production & midtechs) I’ve purchased and keep as EDC users. It is a part of this hobby I enjoy and have become good at. Plus, this knife, being a CKF knife, “return to Russia for repair” was not something I was interested in attempting. So in my mind it was: live with it as is...or fix it...or return it as I received it. For several reasons I opted to fix & keep it.

So my bottomline is this: I appreciate the opportunity to now be able to state these things back in this thread. I also find it unfortunate that so many members are so eager to quickly “pile on” someone that is an honest & upstanding member of BF, Youtube and the knife community. Opinions are fine but a long list of 100% positively completed transactions (on BF) & (non judgmental) threads that have interesting nuggets of info & experiences that may be useful or at least interesting to other members, like several I’ve posted on knife repair, sharpening, etc….should maybe be considered in the calculation before just attacking a member in such an emotional & knee-jerk, negative, accusatory way. That’s often uncalled for but all too easy to do from behind ones comp. keyboard.

In closing: Kevin4242, You did offer solutions to undo a bad deal (as described by you). That is appreciated. — RevDevil: You took the high road, responded reasonably to my pm and reopened this thread. That is also appreciated. It may be to my detriment based on possible additional angry comments to come. But I at least wanted to thank you both and give Kevin4242 the peace of mind and the resolution he was likely wondering (but hopefully not stressing too much) about. He will hopefully stress no longer re: this transaction.

Thank you kevin4242

Thank you RevDevil

Best to all,

Scrim

Backhanded "compliments" all around and a cheerful resolution. Huzzah.

Yay for taking ten days to decide not to screw over a member[emoji57] [emoji106] ! Kevin4242 sorry you had to go through all this.

Today, 5/27/16. RevDevil responded to my PM (to him) sent last evening and has reopened this thread. I respect and appreciate his willingness to do that.

One quote from his reply to me: "The thread is open, be my guest and chime in with your decision as the seller is eager to hear from you I'm sure and have this issue resolved."

#1) To kevin4242: To ease your mind on this issue a bit, I can now publicly let you know that I will be keeping the knife and not filing any claim with Payapal. I have improved/lessened the very real & substantial lock-stick that existed on this knife from the second I got it from you.

#2) I feel badly that this transaction went in this direction at all. No need to get into the whys and who feels who is more to blame for what. It should be considered (I hope) water under the bridge that was finalized by the two good people involved in this transaction that (unfortunately) went sideways. Based on reading comments from both parties actually involved in this transaction, I believe we are both good people and unfortunately, occasionally things like this happen. People and their emotions are often imperfect. As long as issues can be fairly rectified, to both parties satisfaction, that’s what should matter most, at least in my opinion. I apologize for my part in any negativity related to this situation.

#3) Another RevDevil quote from his email response to me: “You don't fix defective knives, you send them back." Keeping and repairning a knife, or even improving a knife is at the discretion of the owner of the knife. I’ve repaired and/or improved many knives (production & midtechs) I’ve purchased and keep as EDC users. It is a part of this hobby I enjoy and have become good at. Plus, this knife, being a CKF knife, “return to Russia for repair” was not something I was interested in attempting. So in my mind it was: live with it as is...or fix it...or return it as I received it. For several reasons I opted to fix & keep it.

So my bottomline is this: I appreciate the opportunity to now be able to state these things back in this thread. I also find it unfortunate that so many members are so eager to quickly “pile on” someone that is an honest & upstanding member of BF, Youtube and the knife community. Opinions are fine but a long list of 100% positively completed transactions (on BF) & (non judgmental) threads that have interesting nuggets of info & experiences that may be useful or at least interesting to other members, like several I’ve posted on knife repair, sharpening, etc….should maybe be considered in the calculation before just attacking a member in such an emotional & knee-jerk, negative, accusatory way. That’s often uncalled for but all too easy to do from behind ones comp. keyboard.

In closing: Kevin4242, You did offer solutions to undo a bad deal (as described by you). That is appreciated. — RevDevil: You took the high road, responded reasonably to my pm and reopened this thread. That is also appreciated. It may be to my detriment based on possible additional angry comments to come. But I at least wanted to thank you both and give Kevin4242 the peace of mind and the resolution he was likely wondering (but hopefully not stressing too much) about. He will hopefully stress no longer re: this transaction.

Thank you kevin4242

Thank you RevDevil

Best to all,

Scrim

Quoted for posterity. Hopefully other members who read this will do what so many have done. Add Scrim to your ignore list. Do not deal with him.

Quoted for posterity. Hopefully other members who read this will do what so many have done. Add Scrim to your ignore list. Do not deal with him.

-----

Took Craytab off my ignore list for a moment to read the latest bile (directed at me) he’s decided to spew up this time. You can either decide for yourself…based on the totality of the evidence, including lots of feedback, cause you just can’t ignore everyone’s feedback, with details posted (for posterity!) by those that have actually done completed transactions with me, as of now close to a hundred total 100% positive transactions (97 as of right now to be exact)…something hopefully even Craytab can’t manipulate to his liking…my feedback that is…http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/itrader.php?u=390579......and not the bitter, unneeded opinions of some angry-at-the-world keyboard warrior that spends half his day (maybe more) trolling BF looking to pick fights and generally annoy lots of people trying to enjoy knives & related topics…just never his posse that stick together & stick up for him no matter what he/they spews.....OR just do as the mighty Craytab tells you to do. Remember that this Craytab guy has started more attack threads on people AND injected himself into more threads of others (just to stir up negativity on others) than anyone else I've seen on BF. So, see what’s been, "Quoted for Posterity!" by the mighty guardian, Craytab…and do as you like…or as you’ve been instructed to do by this guy ( I assume but don’t know for sure). Unfortunately too many folks like that lurking and screwing up worthwhile member’s thread. So again, my sin…I bought and immediately paid for a knife with a substantial, undisclosed problem…and ultimately decided to keep it anyway & just fix it. Guess my being a little put-out by some details of the transaction weren't acceptable to some of the BF illuminati chiming in. Pure evil on my part, obviously. Which is (again)…I didn’t tell the seller that I was doing “nothing” about the knife with the undisclosed problem….quickly enough! So, ok, I’ve now confessed my heinous sin, again. — Ok, Craytab back on the ignore list with you, and the other haters. As Spark says, “Hater gonna Hate”. So what can you do BUT ignore. — So, bye again, Cray. I see (again) you’re a very angry dude (again, I assume a dude) with too much time on your hands. There are plenty of example of it in threads galore. Maybe you want to poke around and do some quick deleting, if you still can. I look forward to your next angry, vengeful followups to this. You do make me smile. To everyone else, hope this little blip of a resolved issue was instructive...and entertaining for some. I’ll check in later (if I’m not banned first…for not clarifying quickly enough for some…that I was not planning on returning a knife I just bought with an undisclosed problem)….and I’ll check for more inevitable vitriol from the perfect and the holier than thou. You gotta have a sense of humor in life. Ciao for now fellow knife nuts. Gotta tweak the action on my new ZT0456. Getting it to open smooth like butter via a little decreased lock bar pressure & detent hole edge-work. Wow, what a cool knife IMHO. A stubby, heavy little guy but what a beautiful design. Ah, you gotta love cool knives.

-----

Took Craytab off my ignore list for a moment to read the latest bile (directed at me) he’s decided to spew up this time. You can either decide for yourself…based on the totality of the evidence, including lots of feedback, cause you just can’t ignore everyone’s feedback, with details posted (for posterity!) by those that have actually done completed transactions with me, as of now close to a hundred total 100% positive transactions (97 as of right now to be exact)…something hopefully even Craytab can’t manipulate to his liking…my feedback that is…http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/itrader.php?u=390579......and not the bitter, unneeded opinions of some angry-at-the-world keyboard warrior that spends half his day (maybe more) trolling BF looking to pick fights and generally annoy lots of people trying to enjoy knives & related topics…just never his posse that stick together & stick up for him no matter what he/they spews.....OR just do as the mighty Craytab tells you to do. Remember that this Craytab guy has started more attack threads on people AND injected himself into more threads of others (just to stir up negativity on others) than anyone else I've seen on BF. So, see what’s been, "Quoted for Posterity!" by the mighty guardian, Craytab…and do as you like…or as you’ve been instructed to do by this guy ( I assume but don’t know for sure). Unfortunately too many folks like that lurking and screwing up worthwhile member’s thread. So again, my sin…I bought and immediately paid for a knife with a substantial, undisclosed problem…and ultimately decided to keep it anyway & just fix it. Guess my being a little put-out by some details of the transaction weren't acceptable to some of the BF illuminati chiming in. Pure evil on my part, obviously. Which is (again)…I didn’t tell the seller that I was doing “nothing” about the knife with the undisclosed problem….quickly enough! So, ok, I’ve now confessed my heinous sin, again. — Ok, Craytab back on the ignore list with you, and the other haters. As Spark says, “Hater gonna Hate”. So what can you do BUT ignore. — So, bye again, Cray. I see (again) you’re a very angry dude (again, I assume a dude) with too much time on your hands. There are plenty of example of it in threads galore. Maybe you want to poke around and do some quick deleting, if you still can. I look forward to your next angry, vengeful followups to this. You do make me smile. To everyone else, hope this little blip of a resolved issue was instructive...and entertaining for some. I’ll check in later (if I’m not banned first…for not clarifying quickly enough for some…that I was not planning on returning a knife I just bought with an undisclosed problem)….and I’ll check for more inevitable vitriol from the perfect and the holier than thou. You gotta have a sense of humor in life. Ciao for now fellow knife nuts. Gotta tweak the action on my new ZT0456. Getting it to open smooth like butter via a little decreased lock bar pressure & detent hole edge-work. Wow, what a cool knife IMHO. A stubby, heavy little guy but what a beautiful design. Ah, you gotta love cool knives.

Okay then.

-----

You seem to assume anybody who thinks your actions are questionable are obviously part of the "BF illuminati" and their points are therefore invalid.

I am unbiased in this case, I know neither you nor the seller and have not dealt with either one of you. But, If I were to be selling a knife and you contacted me wanting to buy it, I would most definitely say 'no thanks'.

After reading this thread and the others I've seen about you, you have a way of making deals painful for the opposite party when you don't get exactly your way, and that is not a healthy attitude to have when dealing with folks on this forum. Obviously you have done a lot of deals here that have gone smoothly, because they went your way, but as soon as something happens that you don't like, you blow it way out of proportion in the hopes that the other party will back down. Craytab is not the only person to see this, he's just one of the vocal ones who hates to see good people get treated badly.

Hopefully you learn from this thread that you can't always get your way, all it takes is some civility to make a transaction go smoothly. A problem is more easily fixed when both sides stay calm and civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back