current production schedule updates.

Let me just add that the moment a seller mentions the truth that he/she is selling a F-2nd, they won't get within $100 of those lofty prices, but still will probably make a very decent ROI. Better off to buy one on Mondays if can, use it till your F-1st comes and you can put it up for auction and probably get the same $ paid for a used one after a whole year of reasonable use. What does this tell us? Guy has under priced himself and created a bottleneck of sorts, well maybe bigger than sorts ;)

I'm getting myself mixed up. I thought I had read here and on instagram that there were going to be hundreds extra of each model. Maybe that's only the later models.
I heard that as well, and it would be great if it happened, but they did have to start a second run of the 5.1 because demand out-stripped supply.
Did they sell hundreds of 5.1 seconds? That might have wiped out the supply of extra 1st.
I guess we'll have to wait and see how long this run of 4.7 stay in stock.

Available Tuesday, July 5th at 5pm, PST:

GSO-4.7 Factory 2nds
GSO-2.7 Factory 2nds
Finishing up (In the final stages of production: being finished, sharpened, built, and packed up):

GSO-4.7: Preorders and Presale orders are shipping out in regular batches.
GSO-4.7 Cru Forge V: R&D Presales shipping after the Cerakoting has been completed. More will be available after those ship.
GSO-2.7: Materials are finishing up and preorders will start to ship after existing GSO-4.7 orders have been shipped.
GSO-4.1: Finishing up at heat treat with materials in the final stages of production.
In Production:

GSO-7/7: At production grinding
GSO-3.5: We have steel
GSO-12: We have steel
GSO-6: We have steel
Available for Pre-Production Ordering:

GSO-4.5 Bushcraft Knife: We have steel - Preordering is closing Monday, July 11th!
GSO-10: We have steel
GSO-8: We have steel

Nice. GSO 2.7!

Okay, I've gotta ask. I'm not being sarcastic, this a real question. Where's the purpose of such a short fixed blade? I've never understood what the purpose is in having a short fixed blade. All my short blades are folders.

Short fixed blades - no locks to fail, no moving parts, easier to clean. Think about how much you use short fixed blades in the kitchen for food prep, then add small tasks like whittling, making stakes, traps, preparing tinder/fuel for fires, trimming and pruning in the yard/garden, opening bags, cutting fabric/plastic. I usually carry a small fixed blade when working outside and find I don't have to wash the sand and dust out at the end of the day like I would my folders.

^Exactly^

I stopped carrying folders years ago once I tried EDCing a smaller(3.5inch minus) fixed blade. I much prefer fixed blades now for everything and sold most of my folders.

Nice. GSO 2.7!

Okay, I've gotta ask. I'm not being sarcastic, this a real question. Where's the purpose of such a short fixed blade? I've never understood what the purpose is in having a short fixed blade. All my short blades are folders.

I think it's good for my wife who I don't want to use a folder on small tasks like camp tasks, woodwork practice, yard work etc because I don't trust her knife skills to not use the knife in an inappropriate way that might cause lock failure, as there is no way in hell I'm buying her a Sebenza or something. Finally, she used her folder which is a Spyderco, to stab into the dirt and cut landscape fabric, so I ended up spending an hour cleaning it, and it's still never going to be clean as the pivot is pinned, so I need a small quality fixed blade in a stainless, that I can easily maintain and she pretty much cant ruin with mis-use, that I can easily sharpen.

I'm gonna get her a second, because she doesn't care, and if she doesn't care for the ergos etc, I will just sell it to another regular here. Boom, Win-Win!

Nice. GSO 2.7!

Also if you want to have the benefits of a fixed blade but one that offers the ability to carry it in situations or environments where it's not seen simply as a useful tool.

And though it may be legal, a large fixed blade swinging off your hip might draw unwanted attention or cause some to become uncomfortable and you'd rather avoid that.

Thanks. I'll have to give it some consideration. For now, I'm more interested in the 4.1, but I can see how some of you prefer the shorter blade.

Thanks. I'll have to give it some consideration. For now, I'm more interested in the 4.1, but I can see how some of you prefer the shorter blade.

I'm more interested in the 4.1 as well. I figure the best way around this is to pick up both a 2.7 and a 4.7 and average them. You get a 3.7 which is pretty close to a 4.1.

I plan to have a bunch, from the 2.7 for my wife, 3.5 for me, 4.5 BC, 4.7, 5.1, 6 and 10 on order or in hand already. They all have a purpose, or fit a hand better than the other. Just a matter if I want to go 8 or not.... do I really need to bridge the 6 and 10? So many hard decisions.... man I am stressed. Life is rough.

Thanks.

I meant the only offering during the presale, therefore the only steel available as a second. Poorly worded on my part. Thanks again.

5 PM Pacific = 8 PM Eastern, 7 PM Central, 6 PM Mountain... Hope this helps.

Back