• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Benchmade 761 'Sacrilege' Monolock

Wife affectionately named this one 'Sacrilege.' Mostly because we think the Benchmade die hards may think our additions to this 761 Ti Monolock are just that. We hope though most see it as we intended. A piece individual enough to be very cool 'pocket art' and mainstream enough to be carried and used.

In my opinion, Benchmade knocked it out of the park on the Monolock. M390 steel, great blade geometry, excellent ergonomics, bearing system that is glass smooth, and a lock design that is stick proof and as solid as they come. Benchmade constructed the frame and sculpted pocket clip out of Titanium, and added a few little flourishes with the back spacers and stop pin. Otherwise, the stock knife is clean but kind of plain. Nice light weight and thin enough that it disappears in the pocket.

I am a custom maker and maintenance shop with years of experience doing this. So the custom ano job, disassembly and reassembly were right to Benchmade spec. So we should be able to get you lifetime sharp service, and the knife feels just like it did out of the box. And (edited to respond to Kyle below...) We stand behind it. If it ever fails or has issue we will stand behind it even if Benchmade won't.
Never carried, never cut anything. Bearings lubed with Tru-oil and that is all. A quick thumb flick fires this thing open with ease to early lockup and again, zero stick. Centered all the way around and no blade play whatsoever. I can take a video of the action if so desired.

Benchmade left their blast finish rough. And the natural oxide surface that forms from exposure had to be removed. So it was lightly blasted with fine media, heat anodized and knocked down. It was then heat anodized again to a lighter shade. This gives a kind of flip/flop appearance to the color on the titanium. The inside edge of the pocket clip was also left. Rough from the factory. So we remedied that as well and polished it up before anodizing. Should go in and out of a pocket a little smoother and not scuff the fabric. Pictures should speak for themselves. No marks or trails, scratches, etc on the knife. Any small speck is dust, and any dark spot is tru-oil. Only had a few minutes to snap pics on this one. No touch ups on the pics either. Just posted and watermarked on the first one.

The knife bone stock goes for $270-320 depending on the market and the buyer. I'm asking $360 via PayPal and I'll eat fees and ship via USPS Priority Insured. First 'I will take it' via PM, post or email gets it. No trades please. Reasonable offers will be considered. But it isn't going to break my heart to keep this one.... So don't be offended if I don't respond to an offer. I don't get to check my phone very often so I will place highest priority on responding to reasonable offers or straight up requests to buy. Eric@overmountain.us.com (not my PayPal addy, will provide to buyer) Still not getting notifications from here for some reason.

Pics. What you see is what you get. With box and all paperwork.
IMG_20170424_222303_260_zpsq7n9wjso.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170424_201349_zpsdupf5sma.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170424_201304_zpsmphqnk6e.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170424_215330_zpsilur5mpf.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170424_215123_zpsxuhypauv.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I am a custom maker and maintenance shop with years of experience doing this. So the custom ano job, disassembly and reassembly were right to Benchmade spec. So shouldn't have any problem getting warranty service and the knife feels just like it did out of the box.

The warranty is voided if you disassemble the knife, I'd say with all the mods you did to it pretty safe to assume there is 0 warranty left intact. Fairly misleading to tell people otherwise and would hate to see someone get burned by not knowing.

The warranty is voided if you disassemble the knife, I'd say with all the mods you did to it pretty safe to assume there is 0 warranty left intact. Fairly misleading to tell people otherwise and would hate to see someone get burned by not knowing.
We have disassembled Benchmades in the past for quick repair or cerakote application and the like without making any physical or dimensional changes to the knife and had them serviced when sent in for sharpening etc. Possibly, but possibly not.

Never less. I'll put our own personal guarantee behind it too. And edited above to clarify that.
We will repair, or replace if necessary anything we sell that we made/worked on/modified/repaired and a manufacturer refuses to cover.
So call it 'misleading' if you like, but we will stand behind it regardless.
Cheers.
Oh, and 'all the work' we did to it was purely cosmetic. No modification of function of the knife.

Last edited:
Back