Custom Seven Day Kamisori Set

KAMISORI SEVEN DAY SET

This Kamisori seven day set was produced as close as possible to traditional Kamisori designs. While keeping the traditional designs in mind, a variety of techniques and materials were used. Conventional stock removal grinding and hand forging was used in the making of the blades. Modern steels including Damascus and laminated steels, High carbon 52100 and W-2 steels with traditional Japanese style hamons were incorporated into this set.

The display box is made from Cherry hardwood with a Tung oil finish. A hand carved brass plaque is displayed on the top of the box with Kanji labeling. A custom handmade strop is also included.

DAILY DESCRIPTION

SUNDAY 5/8 grind at 41 grams

Hand forged Barbwire Damascus

MONDAY 6/8 grind at 34 grams

San Mai laminated steel with Damascus over Hitachi Blue #2 in the core. Whitetail Deer antler tip with silver guard.

TUESDAY 4/8 grind at 22 grams

Feather Damascus in a featherweight 4/8 blade.

WEDNESDAY 5/8 grind at 43 grams

The most traditional day of the week. A matched pair of blades in the traditional Kamisori grind. One for the left hand and one for the right hand. Made from 52100 high carbon steel with the handle wrapped with micro para cord.

THURSDAY 4/8 grind at 17 grams

San Mai laminated steel with stainless steel over Hitachi Blue #2 in the core.

FRIDAY 6/8 grind at 59 grams

Hand forged 52100 with a twisted handle.

SATURDAY 5/8 grind at 46 grams

Hand forged W-2 steel with hamon.

Attachments

• DSC03162.JPG
    DSC03162.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC03163.JPG
    DSC03163.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC03166.JPG
    DSC03166.JPG
    337.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03167.JPG
    DSC03167.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 55
Beautiful work.

I saw a stand of seven daily razors in the Governor's house in Williamsburg when I was a kid, but I still don't understand the advantage.

Looking at your fixed-handle straights makes me wonder again what kind of lunatic invented shaving, and why everybody went along with it.

What does the #/8 grind mean?

Back