• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

D2 Tool Steel (per inch)

Bear-IX

Tinker
D2 Tool Steel

I buy all my tool steel directly from Bohler-Uddeholm in bulk. This is my favorite tool steel to use for small knife projects that are going to be heat-treated in-house. Machines easy enough but a little more difficult to heat treat than simple high carbon or O1. Holds an edge forever and resists rust well with a good polish.

I order the steel in 36” sticks and sell every item in per inch increments up to this length. It will arrive in an annealed state and is available in bulk at a discount by request. I have at least 1 bar of each in hand and get deliveries every Monday to keep enough stock in house.

Up to date, per inch prices can be found on my Etsy link posted in my signature. This makes it easier to display pricing in a uniform manner. For any per inch quote, I will use the same prices found on my Etsy to be fair to all.

By Thickness:

1/16th” – I stock this in the following widths: 1”, 1.5”, 2” 3” 4” and 6”.

1/8th – I stock this in the following widths: 1”, 1.5”, 2” 3” 4” and 6”.

3/16th – I stock this in the following widths: 1”, 1.5”, 2” 3” 4” and 6”.

1/4th – I stock this in the following widths: 1”, 1.5”, 2” 3” 4” and 6”.

5/16th” – I stock this in the following widths: 1”, 1.5”, 2” 3” 4” and 6”.

Just send me a request with what you would like to order and include a zip code with the request. I will have a quote to you within one business day. Upon request, I can order thicker stock.

Sales:

All sales are final. The products I offer are exactly as described and returns are only accepted if there is a mix-up that results in the buyer being shipped the wrong product. In such cases, I will accept returns and will cover the expense of return shipping as well as sending the correct order. No other returns will be accepted.

Shipping:

I use UPS and USPS, exclusively due to my location. I charge the buyer what I am charged and nothing more. There is a 2-7 business day wait for shipment due to my rural location. There is a $2 fee for every shipped item to cover costs of packaging. Important note: I will always try to use UPS first. In my location, they are very reliable.

Payments:

Payments are accepted through my Etsy, PayPal, and I also accept mailed checks/money orders. Please note that I do not ship until the payment has cleared.

Back