• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Damascus French chef knife

Phillip Patton

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Steel: O1/L6 random pattern, around 300 layers.

Hardness: 61 RC

Blade length: 10"

Total length: 15-3/8"

Blade thickness: about 3/16" at the bolster, tapering to the point.

Handle material: desert ironwood burl.

Fittings: Stainless

Blade is flat ground with a convexed edge and is about 2" wide at the widest.

Price: $+ $15 shipping. I'm asking less than I normally would for a knife like this, because of the wormhole/void on the top of the handle, visible in the third picture. I repaired it as well as I could, and it actually looks worse in the picture than in person, but still...

I can take paypal, check, or MO. Please send paypal to 2000pjp at gmail dot com
If using a check, allow 10 business days for it to clear before shipment. Please make sure knife is still available before sending payment. :)

060517-1.JPG

060517-2.JPG

060517-3.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Wow that is incredible, with or without a worm hole. Great deal for someone.

That is an insanely great bargain for an awesome looking knife! That edge profile is awesome as is everything else. Good luck with sale!

I will take it if it's still available and pending one question. what's the weight of this baby?

Dang it. Missed this one. Second if it's to heavy/light for kevsher.

Payment sent. Sorry BFS but it's perfect weight for me. Phillip would you kindly let me know if payment has been received and if you have shipped.

Payment sent. Sorry BFS but it's perfect weight for me. Phillip would you kindly let me know if payment has been received and if you have shipped.

Yep, payment came through, thanks! I'll probably ship it tomorrow, and I'll email you the tracking number when I do.

'Worms gotta eat too'... but damn them for chewing on such a lovely piece of burl. :) Still made for one beautiful knife, though.

I just ran across this one and what a beauty it is. Congrats to the new owner and nice I mean really nice work Phillip. I do like your style in blades hmm! your fighters are tops.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello all. A note from the owner. Firstly Philip was / is amazing to work with. The knife looked great but was to thick for me and i sent it back and Philip re-ground it to an amazing profile. Massive taper and heavy spine with very thin 20mm above blade. The etching and Damascus creates great food release and it's kept it's edge amazingly well. best knife i have and i have a few...

I wish I could post a pic but i can't work out how. if somone can tell me you get to see the knife in action

Back