Off Topic Damn shame... (Photobucket)

Update...long story short, I threatened a "bot" with legal action. Totally lost on it, lol... Oh well.
Finally did get a reply to email (support@photobucket.com)...
A few suspiciously automated sounding 'upgrade your account to see your linked images' replies, until I sent one hostile reply in a lotta caps that seemed to get a live reply...that was stuck on upgrade until I demanded he/she view my enclosed screenshot I posted here. Finally told they had updated their app, uninstall reinstall, blah, blah...well it actually worked, they were again both visible & downloadable, so if you can't see a filetype, for me it was .gif files...all of them, give that a try, or another try. There, I saved you weeks of frustration, lmao. ;) :D

Oh yeah, my pestering saved this little guy, so please save a copy, help from losing him!!

#savebosshog lol

jammin_hog.gif

I spent about 4 hours saving a few pics I really wanted and haven't gone back.
With all the pop ups and lag it was taking me about 10 min per pic.

I spent about 4 hours saving a few pics I really wanted and haven't gone back.
With all the pop ups and lag it was taking me about 10 min per pic.

Downloaded complete albums in minutes using the app for android. One with over 1000 images. Not a hitch once I uninstalled & reinstalled the latest version. LOL still took weeks of BS... ;)
Probably a mass migration away from them... I did pull my D/L's late @ night, might have been why so quick.

Downloaded complete albums in minutes using the app for android. One with over 1000 images. Not a hitch once I uninstalled & reinstalled the latest version. LOL still took weeks of BS... ;)
Probably a mass migration away from them... I did pull my D/L's late @ night, might have been why so quick.
They probably have begun throttling the download speeds to try and "prevent" so much leaving them.

Sorry, folks, but it seems that all of my image links are all broken thanks to Photobucket deciding to hijack accounts for just about 400 bucks yearly just to host images you can link elsewhere...
Over 10 years of pix posted here, over 1000 pix posted... :\
Oh well... not paying ransom, so that's that. Off to D/L my images and close the account.
Good riddance. FUPB...
Imgur, Google pix... Yer up! ;)
At least you were able to "take advantage" of the free service for "over 10 years" and "over 1000 pix". ;)

At least you were able to "take advantage" of the free service for "over 10 years" and "over 1000 pix". ;)

Yep...with 3rd party ads that infected my laptop with a virus, abysmal customer service that couldn't help me see missing images for years because they didn't show in my albums in Windows or Apple, finally saw them again when I bought my first Android phone...btw, was a paying account holder for that BS...free, not really. Let's remember that they started as a FREE 3rd party image hosting service...and got greedy.

Yep...with 3rd party ads that infected my laptop with a virus, abysmal customer service that couldn't help me see missing images for years because they didn't show in my albums in Windows or Apple, finally saw them again when I bought my first Android phone...btw, was a paying account holder for that BS...free, not really.
If you had so many problems, why would you continue to use it and pay for "over 10 years" and "over 1000 pix" when so many other solutions are/were available?

Let's remember that they started as a FREE 3rd party image hosting service...and got greedy.
...like various other "tech companies" over the past twenty years...and nobody expected this?

If you had so many problems, why would you continue to use it and pay for "over 10 years" and "over 1000 pix" when so many other solutions are/were available?

...like various other "tech companies" over the past twenty years...and nobody expected this?

Nobody expected them to change their TOS literally overnight to no longer include free linking, nor for the lack of notification to the account holders until after they broke the links...or for them to pull their hostage taking maneuver on a friday before a national holiday, pretty much fracking over most of the internet...then follow up with useless unhelpful customer service "bots" telling us all that now it will be $400yr up front/$480yr in monthly pymts...their previous top tier fee was...$60yr.? Pretty sure they win for dick move of the year in the internet companies catagory.
I only paid for one year, went back to free account when I realized the only perk I got for the paid upgrade was no ads & unlimited linking, crap CS still, which I rarely broke over the "free" limit...maybe twice that paid year by a little.
Other than freely talking isht about them, I have my complete albums once again, and D/L'd to my device... I no longer care, but I'd love to see them crash & burn.

It sucks that we are in such a drought that this thread is alway popping up on this forum....2 more weeks I guess

I can lock it. It's no longer relevant. :)
Just holler!

I can lock it. It's no longer relevant. :)
Just holler!
No, this is a good thread and important for the forum. I just can't wait to read threads of all the new infi releases:confused:. Photobucket will due in the meantime :D

Pretty soon the halls will ring with the words Public Defender Ergo. ;):thumbsup:

When I first signed up there wasn't that many other options. Except for the pop up ad that you could not get out of without closing the window and starting over I had no real problems with them until the last month or so. Got used to them and never really looked elsewhere til I had too. Liking Imgur so far.

Back