• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Dan Huang aka LIUKANG is back

I ran into this guy's new Ebay name. He has changed it to Tun-Chun, I guess all the bad press for his Liu Kang persona had caught up with him. Looking for a limited edition Busse? MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION FIRST.

Well, at least here we know he's a piece of crap & a liar. Over at the JD folks came out the woodwork to protect him after I tried to expose him for not telling the truth about a knife i wanted to buy. funny thing is i had all the evidence to include his own words; but the truth didn't matter much over there. they pick and choose based on what suits them and if it will interfere with them getting their grails.

No way. really? That happens here too BTW.....

It's too bad this forum doesn't have IP ban capability [or does it?]...or anti-proxy protected access to weed these people out

Last edited:
Glad you guy's posted your experience's with the dude, has some cool knives almost bought from him , then I checked his rep, not a chance I want to take.

thanks, sorry some of yyou got burned,but I learned from your experinces'.
all the best
crazy roger

My 2 cents just so people can decide whether or not they should risk purchasing from one of his many aliases: I sent him an email on 9/6/14 asking him about payment and he replied in 28 minutes, "Shipping is a flat $8, insurance is an additional $5.50 if you choose to cover the full amount. There are no fees if using Paypal personal tab, normal Paypal is 5% of total. Let me know which option you would like and I will give you directions on how to pay. Thanks. Dan"

As an internet and paypal noob I thought to myself Well I'll obviously go with the cheaper method, but this thought was followed by a gut feeling to google the difference between Paypal Personal Tab and 'Normal' Paypal with the 5% add-on. I learned a few things about Paypal's insurance policies so when I e-mailed him 57 minutes after his response to my original e-mail I simply stated, "I would probably use standard paypal." I of course didn't hear back from the guy who had just responded in 28 minutes.

3 hours went by and I sent him another e-mail not only addressing(again) I'd be paying with 'Normal' Paypal but that I wanted to purchase YET ANOTHER knife from him. Still waiting to hear back from 9/6/14(dude must really be banking on that personal tab, no?).

It's hard to find satin Busses for sale anywhere; after reading people's stories here and on the other thread I guess that explains how this guy can advertise them by the dozens.

He also will fail to include the insurance if you pay for it and pockets the money. Just so you are aware.

Well, at least here we know he's a piece of crap & a liar. Over at the JD folks came out the woodwork to protect him after I tried to expose him for not telling the truth about a knife i wanted to buy. funny thing is i had all the evidence to include his own words; but the truth didn't matter much over there. they pick and choose based on what suits them and if it will interfere with them getting their grails.

You know what happens when you assume right ?

Does this guy sell fake knives or "just" sells knives at horror price and be rude to his customers?

This is really too bad.
I met Dan in Easton and he seemed to be a stand-up guy.
rolf
I've been watching the action with this guy for a long time. He contacted me a few months ago about doing a trade. Needless to say, I wasn't too thrilled about the idea after all the bad press I read about him. But he had a knife I was interested in and he offered to send it to me so I'd have time to inspect it BEFORE I sent mine to him. That sounded fair enough to me, so I told him to go ahead and send it. I received his knife, it checked out, and I sent mine to him. Deal done without incident. So I've got nothing bad to say about the guy. Sorry. :(

Does this guy sell fake knives or "just" sells knives at horror price and be rude to his customers?
No fakes.
I've been watching the action with this guy for a long time. He contacted me a few months ago about doing a trade. Needless to say, I wasn't too thrilled about the idea after all the bad press I read about him. But he had a knife I was interested in and he offered to send it to me so I'd have time to inspect it BEFORE I sent mine to him. That sounded fair enough to me, so I told him to go ahead and send it. I received his knife, it checked out, and I sent mine to him. Deal done without incident. So I've got nothing bad to say about the guy. Sorry. :(
Ive not had a good history with Dan which is documented here. I see him face to face on a regular basis at knife shows and in the last year or two have finally discussed a numerous amount of topics with him without sugar coating anything. Though I do not agree with him on a many levels, I have reason to believe he does have a pulse. I won't get too deep into why but I will say in the last couple months Ive made a couple trades with him and he even offered to buy a knife I had for sale and gave me what I wanted for it. As much as I know most would like for me to say something negative came out of the deal, I can not. Got what I wanted knowing damn well he was gonna take what I have and jack the price up, he would be the first to tell you even. I won't be going to his bday party anytime soon but Im over talking shat about him cuz I now get to do it about 3x a year to his face and i will say this, the dude can take a jab for sure & stride.

Last edited:
No fakes.

Ive not had a good history with Dan which is documented here. I see him face to face on a regular basis at knife shows and in the last year or two have finally discussed a numerous amount of topics with him without sugar coating anything. Though I do not agree with him on a many levels, I have reason to believe he does have a pulse. I won't get too deep into why but I will say in the last couple months Ive made a couple trades with him and he even offered to buy a knife I had for sale and gave me what I wanted for it. As much as I know most would like for me to say something negative came out of the deal, I can not. Got what I wanted knowing damn well he was gonna take what I have and jack the price up, he would be the first to tell you even. I won't be going to his bday party anytime soon but Im over talking shat about him cuz I now get to do it about 3x a year to his face and i will say this, the dude can take a jab for sure & stride.

Sorry Eric
You are falling for Dan's bull.........again.
Why do you think he can "take a jab"........Think about it.

Last edited:
All I know is, as a newcomer to the Busse world, I was super excited to try and land one of the red & black cerakoted Blade 2015 offerings, and I missed them.
I've done my part to try and maximize my chances of finding one here on BFC, but it's so discouraging when you see that red & black Elmax Steak Knife on eBay for $370....

You're raping me here dude. A fellow knife lover.
You bought this knife 3 weeks ago for $217, you sunnuva.... :mad::grumpy:

Whatever, I have a red & black MtnMandu coming next week, but it just pisses me off to see something I genuinely wanted to own / collect / keep forever snatched up by a flipper who could care less, other than making $150 off it. Lesson learned; don't miss Ganzas when there's something you really want!

All I know is, as a newcomer to the Busse world, I was super excited to try and land one of the red & black cerakoted Blade 2015 offerings, and I missed them.
I've done my part to try and maximize my chances of finding one here on BFC, but it's so discouraging when you see that red & black Elmax Steak Knife on eBay for $370....

You're raping me here dude. A fellow knife lover.
You bought this knife 3 weeks ago for $217, you sunnuva.... :mad::grumpy:

Whatever, I have a red & black MtnMandu coming next week, but it just pisses me off to see something I genuinely wanted to own / collect / keep forever snatched up by a flipper who could care less, other than making $150 off it. Lesson learned; don't miss Ganzas when there's something you really want!

There are those who will always seek to profit from the sale of knives. Storefronts, Internet-based knife purveyors, casual hobbyists, etc. As disappointing as it may be to have a knife snatched from you by someone who is faster who has no intent other than to resell the knife for a profit, that is NOT the issue with Dan Huang. If he rapes a buyer on price, that buyer is still a willing party to the transaction, even though they may be an "unhappy" party to the transaction.

Dan's issues stem from outright deceptive practices to a lack of any sense of fairness or empathy. To give you a true life example, Someone on a forum here had a lot of knives worth approximately $7500. It was basically his whole collection, which he was selling to fund one last vacation with his sister who had terminal cancer. He was looking to get about $5,000 out of the deal to be able to afford the trip and was somewhat desperate in terms of timeframe within which to sell the knives due to the progression of the cancer. Well, along came Dan and all he could do was try to lowball the fellow so badly that he would have not been able to afford the vacation with his sister that he wanted to give her. The seller wanted 5k for the lot, which was an incredible deal, but because of nothing more than greed and lack of empathy, Dan wouldn't offer him even that knowing full well that he could get at least $7500 out of the knives. How do I know Dan knew that he could easily get that much? Because he is very knowledgeable about these knives for starters. Moreover, someone with the 5k cash came along, got the knives from the seller who then took his sister on her last vacation before she passed (may she RIP), and then proceeded to re-sell the knives to the community for fair market value, subsequently giving the original seller an additional $2,500 over the 5K paid for the lot and obtained from their sale.

So yes, Dan leaves a lot to be desired. That is just one of many stories. But don't take my word for it. Form your own opinion. As always YMMV.

There are those who will always seek to profit from the sale of knives. Storefronts, Internet-based knife purveyors, casual hobbyists, etc. As disappointing as it may be to have a knife snatched from you by someone who is faster who has no intent other than to resell the knife for a profit, that is NOT the issue with Dan Huang. If he rapes a buyer on price, that buyer is still a willing party to the transaction, even though they may be an "unhappy" party to the transaction.

Dan's issues stem from outright deceptive practices to a lack of any sense of fairness or empathy. To give you a true life example, Someone on a forum here had a lot of knives worth approximately $7500. It was basically his whole collection, which he was selling to fund one last vacation with his sister who had terminal cancer. He was looking to get about $5,000 out of the deal to be able to afford the trip and was somewhat desperate in terms of timeframe within which to sell the knives due to the progression of the cancer. Well, along came Dan and all he could do was try to lowball the fellow so badly that he would have not been able to afford the vacation with his sister that he wanted to give her. The seller wanted 5k for the lot, which was an incredible deal, but because of nothing more than greed and lack of empathy, Dan wouldn't offer him even that knowing full well that he could get at least $7500 out of the knives. How do I know Dan knew that he could easily get that much? Because he is very knowledgeable about these knives for starters. Moreover, someone with the 5k cash came along, got the knives from the seller who then took his sister on her last vacation before she passed (may she RIP), and then proceeded to re-sell the knives to the community for fair market value, subsequently giving the original seller an additional $2,500 over the 5K paid for the lot and obtained from their sale.
So yes, Dan leaves a lot to be desired. That is just one of many stories. But don't take my word for it. Form your own opinion. As always YMMV.

This guy for president!

I understand the buyer / seller relationship, but this dude is not a typical seller.
His overpriced auctions expire and he just relists them for the same outlandish price. He seems to not care whether they sell or not. He doesn't lower his price in order to move inventory, he just sits and waits and hopes some poor schmuck out there like me will crack and pay damn near double the price for the knife they want.

That story only further proves he doesn't give a **** about anything other than making his money. No love, no community spirit, no desire to see the knives in better homes, just the desire to add 80% on top of the price and list it on eBay, period. I think the fact they are knives is almost inconsequential to him and he'd be happy flipping watches, or guns, or anything else. His hobby isn't "knives", it's "flipping goods on eBay".

Sorry guys to be the devil's advocate but we all know how Dan operates. Just don't buy his stuff and you won't be bothered by it. There are plenty of other sellers on here that are fantastic to deal with such as lycosa, gizmoman, asdf12345, to name a few.

If I may, I would like to draw a couple of parallels, between Liu Kang, & the movie: "PULP FICTION"

If there is one character in the movie, Pulp Fiction, who truly epitomizes Liu Kang; that would be, Zed! They both would screw just about anyone!

On the other hand: if Liu Kang, had been playing the part of, Butch, in the movie, the plot would've taken a drastic turn. When Butch was able to escape from the basement (after killing the Geek)...he bolted for the upstairs, however, his conscience got the better of him, & he went back into the dungeon of horrors, & rescued his nemesis, Marcellus.

Had Liu Kang, been playing Butch's role: he would have cowardly ran up the stairs, grabbed the Katana sword, & every other knife in that pawn shop, sold them for top dollar, & let Marcellus live his last moments in agonizing hell, with Maynard, & Zed.

Liu Kang, has screwed so many people in the knife community, over the years. One of the many stories that really irked me, was the one involving, a down & out, Vietnam Vet! Liu Kang, is a POS, & FWIW- I have little/no respect, for the people who deal with him. :thumbdn:

BladeForums made a great call, banning Liu Kang! :thumbup::thumbup:

FYI- Here is a very interesting, "PRE BANNED" BladeForums, Liu Kang thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...g-cause-there-can-be-only-one-and-its-SKUNK!-)

Last edited:
I guess one of the things that bothers me a little about Dan, is the fact that Busse seems to sell him so many knives. I mean I know that money is green and I understand it's a business and all, but still they've got to know what he's gonna do with 'em.

GregB

Back