Degenerative spinal cord disease and homeopathic pain treatment

I've tried the tart cherry juice, can't really say it's helped. I've heard about the apple cider vinegar. Do you have to get the organic kind with the, "mother" in the bottom?

I'm 62. How old are you all?

OMG dude. Not sure if it's hereditary, but Mom had RA so bad she had to retire early. I have osteo now. My left side is constantly swollen so bad if people see it they say, what happened to you? I say scoliosis. But I still don't think I hurt like some of you do.
I remember seeing on 60 minutes, YEARS ago, grandma was taking bees, by the wings, with a pair of tweezers, and stinging granpa wherever he hurt the worst.

I've tried the tart cherry juice, can't really say it's helped. I've heard about the apple cider vinegar. Do you have to get the organic kind with the, "mother" in the bottom?

I'm 62. How old are you all?
Yes, it does have to have the "mother" and can be gotten at Walmart. I know folks that swear by it, just beginning to try it myself.

I'm 49 and have had 2 back surgeries; I have Cauda Equina Syndrome with peripheral nerve damage and neuropathy. It started when I was 29. I've tried almost everything but not much really helps a lot unfortunately, at least for me.

Wow GM, I'll have to look that up when I have time. Going to work now. Any relief with the vinegar?

Not sure if it has to do anything with bulged discs or pinched nerves, if it does one of those inverted tables would ease the pain. You gotta do some exercises with like stretching bands to keep your muscles in tone and stretch properly. You should seek some good professional to help you out. You got lots of life to live still. Gotta go back to the roots where the problem started to develop, the habits that took you to this point, and take yourself in a new direction. GL

Wow GM, I'll have to look that up when I have time. Going to work now. Any relief with the vinegar?
I'm told it takes 2-4 weeks to notice any difference; I'm only a few days into trying it. I'll try to remember to post back after a little more time.

I can say reducing my intake of artificial sweeteners and increasing my H2O intake has made a difference in how well my medications work. I also changed from Sweet-N-Low to Splenda which is less (supposed to be) apt to increase inflammation. I can't swear about less inflammation, only what I've read and been told by a couple of doctors.

You guys here are a wealth of knowledge. What is your dosage on the vinegar?

I switched from artificial sweeteners to plain ol sugar in very low quantities. Like with my green tea, I've eliminated sweetener entirely. Now to work on my steel cut oats. What's worse, a tad bit of sugar or honey?
I'm 6'2 and weigh 270. You prolly know what I should weigh. Especially with my scoliosis and two new knees. Less weight and they'll last longer.

I'm taking a one ounce shot in the morning and evening. I read you should make sure to brush your teeth after the nighttime dose because of the acidity not being good for your enamel.

I think the honey is better than the sugar. I try to avoid both being a T2 diabetic - who is currently not doing very well with BG control :(

I forgot to add that shot of vinegar goes in a cup of cold water; you can take straight if can stand it! LOL I dodn't add honey to it but some do.

Copy that, it would be a bitter pill, err, liquid, to swallow.
Hey silenthunter, how'd you come out brother?

That's a bummer but might it still work for you?

I received two spinal cortisone shots administered via an xray, is that they same thing you got? Mine were three weeks apart with zero relief. He wanted to give me a third and said, save it. You might as well be injecting me with sugar water. And he would only give up to three every six months. That's the ONLY time I'd ever had cortisone. That was last summer. It did absolutely nothing for me.

Of course the Synvisc did nothing prior to my knee replacement either. That was an expensive bust. Motor oil for the knee.

The AMA stands for the American Money Association. I'd better quit typing. Sometimes I type too much.

The AMA stands for the American Money Association. I'd better quit typing. Sometimes I type too much.

Sackler family of PURDUE deliberately started the opioid epidemic (and those annoying commercials) with their flagship product :Oxycontin. Doctors ACTUALLY claimed they were "duped" by sales team into believing "opiods" were not addictive. Herodotus noted it's addictive quality back in 440 B.C. They probably skipped the 1960's too.
For the OP, Please try to find natural solutions. Medicine is a bussiness and so are their schools. Same foundation.
I hope you are feeling better. A prayer has been made for you. You will be restored.

You ALL are I inspirational to me, for one. I can't speak for everybody, but I'm glad we crossed paths.
I need to lose some weight and do some exercises. I need to get up off my 62 y/o duff.

Back