Delicious food thread!

Looks like most of you are more chef than cook, I'm a cook at best. Thanks for the mouth watering pics guys. Here's my meager contribution. It's a couple of pics from our weekend camping trip.

Last edited:
dang that all looks good, I'm a lot less of a chef around a camp fire then all of you lol

Well, you're a pretty decent cook to know how to make your dutch oven cook like that!

How about some burgers !
I get my butcher to grind 2:1 brisket:chuck for what I believe is the best burger grind.

MexiBurger with guacamole, pico de gallo and panelo cheese.
With chiles rellenos.

IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
My all time favorite southern burger, with pimento cheese and I failed to picture the fried green tomatoes.
IMG_0801.JPG

I would probably hurt someone for a fried green tomato pimento burger right now...

Chile Relleno looks fantastic, as well.

Knife people sure know how to live; and EAT!

Smoked dry rub baby-backs and smoked teriyaki chicken wings.

IMG_20160530_111356844.jpg

IMG_20161030_152450429_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161030_165703397_HDR.jpg

Some people sauce the ribs before eating - just personal preference I suppose. Also pictured is my smoked mac n' cheese baked beans....yes, baked beans in with the mac n' cheese and smoked. MMmmmm good.
IMG_20160530_164840250.jpg

best

mqqn

This one might just be going too far.......Filet Mignon and Morels....
DSC_0417.JPG

First you fry those morels -
DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0424.JPG

Then you fry those filets in the butter and morel sauce...
DSC_0426.JPG

Then you make the brandy-morel cream sauce with the drippings....
DSC_0433.JPG

And then, my friend, you eat...
DSC_0435.JPG

best

mqqn

I love that Pacifico. My favorite beer from Mexico
I nearly commented on that myself. My favorite cerveza.

These foods pictures border on cruelty. Mqqn I'm really enjoying seeing the kephart, can't wait to get my hands on one. Is that one your first JK?

I nearly commented on that myself. My favorite cerveza.

These foods pictures border on cruelty. Mqqn I'm really enjoying seeing the kephart, can't wait to get my hands on one. Is that one your first JK?
Yessir - that was the first JK that I bought for myself. The first JK I ever bought, I bought as a gift for a friend.

best

mqqn

I remember reading about that knife and thinking that I was ordering the same thing for my first JK. It's morphed a bit since then but that kephart blade is what drew me in and continues to have great appeal to me. I'll need to try and get some food pics in here. I make some tasty creations but not quite on the level of these guys have been.

Some great looking food guys!! I always get caught up cooking/eating and forget to take a photo. Last bit of pork ribs last night before they disappeared.FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3064.JPG Anyone else here cooking sous vide? The pork shoulder butt that I smoked yesterday is getting a 52 hour bath before it gets eaten.

Back