Delicious food thread!

I had to look up sous vide needless to say and damn that sounds good jb.

IMG_3069.JPG IMG_3070.JPG Holy tender pork!! This is out of this world melt in your mouth tender! So moist and flavorful that sauce is not needed. I was as careful as possible but it still came apart a bit when I was getting ready to sear it.

The cook started with about 5 hours smoking at 175 degrees. Then it went into the vacuum bag and was cooked at 145 degrees for about 52 hours in the sous vide(fancy hot water bath). At the end I pulled out the searzall (fancy large torch) and seared a nice brown crust on it before I started to pull it apart.
This was a test shoulder for a party I am having this weekend. I think I've got it dialed in:thumbsup:

52 hours in the water bath? Wow that's crazy but I bet it's tasty. No great creations in my photo but managed to cook quite a bit on my little grill. I sure do love cooking over lump charcoal.IMG_20170529_180242_067.jpg

Or not yet lol here are the other pics from yesterday. Only thing left was some pork shoulder and mac and cheese. Brisket and burnt ends were demolished pretty quickly lol

I had to look up sous vide needless to say and damn that sounds good jb.

Me too!

I am going to give it a try with some steaks - should be cool!

best

mqqn

I am in the odd group and don't care for most suis vide items other than chicken. Everything else I much prefer them on the smoker or grill.

All that said they do cook stuff perfectly. But the taste just isn't there for me.

spicy boudain, mushrooms, onions, and barley all simmered together in red ale.

21762190_10155685019764603_5689191281770467222_n.jpg

I've been getting into jerky lately, using the smoker to make it. Mostly I have been buying eye of round. Trimming it, marinating it 12-24 hours and then it goes out on the smoke for the first 90-120 minutes and then I just let it dry at around 160 degrees til it's "done". Any great jerky recipes from the JK chef's corner? Are there less costly cuts of beef that will turn out some good jerky?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! Does allegro go well with smoke or would it be better without?

Thanks for the input! Does allegro go well with smoke or would it be better without?
To me it's good with smoke but my wife doesn't care for it so I guess it's personal preference. If you want to get some idea of the flavor try marinating steaks or chicken for the grill.

I never mind some smoke as long as it isn't overdone so I will just dive right in and try it out next week.

I love that Pacifico. My favorite beer from Mexico

How do you like Pacifico? I have wanted to try a Mexican beer or maybe a Samuel Adams summer shanty. What is the difference between an IPA and regular beer? If you have not guessed, I do not drink beer but wanted to try some this summer.

Pacifico is fine.
IPA is a very strongly flavored and often bitter type of beer.
shandy is beer with lemonade.
leinenkugel's summer shandy is pretty good.

Back