Design contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wierd Wharnie:Entry 6.

I'm feeling a little left out with all this Wharnie action going on so thought I'd add my version......

design019.jpg

I still prefer my Chubby Chaser !!!

Last edited:
Scott,

Here is my suggestion... I love my semi-skinner but I also love a swedge!
:thumbup:
Joel

Attachments

• Gossman Knives-joel pelton.jpg
    Gossman Knives-joel pelton.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
Okay, you know how in my last post I said it would probably be my only submission to this contest? Well, I have been thinking about it, and I wanted submit one more. This one was made in Paint, so you shouldn't have any trouble seeing it this time :p.

2sa1aw6.jpg

The Forester Basic

This one has the same blade from my last design (because after I drew it, I fell in love), and a similar handle shape, but skeletonized and simplified to fit more into the PSK-style Gossman has.

Basic Specs:

8" overall
1/8" thick

Last edited:
here is my design for your contest. Its sort of a super ergo roach-belly skinner. Clean simple design would be easy to do on a large scale. The specs could be changed smaller or larger handle (the lines at the back) add a false edge maybe, the final decision would be yours. I think it would be a great for everything from skinning to day to day EDC. this thing only took me a few minutes to draw out, and its late so its not the best of pictures sorry.

it could be named the Gossman Wave.

here it is...

Pictureinfomallstuff027.jpg

thanks for the chance

Gilles Richard.

Last edited:
Ok guys, Monday 8-31 is the last day to submit designs. I will post a voting thread on 9-1 to vote on the winning design.
SHS came by the shop with a drawing for me to post as his entry. I will get it up today or tomorrow.
Scott

Traditional Huntsman:Entry 7.

Here is a traditional design that I think would fit well with Scotts style of work !

design020.jpg

Last edited:
drew up 2 more. and im a bit confused, is this strickly a design contest or do we dictate the blade specs?

Pictureinfomallstuff040.jpg

and

Pictureinfomallstuff.jpg

okay then. the first knife has a 4" blade and is 1 1/2 wide. the handle is 4 1/2" long and would be black G10 with brass pins. Scandi grind. the lanyard hole at the back would be optional. optimal blade thickness 1/8. d2 steel.

the second knife has a stubbier blade length of 3 1/2 " and 1 1/2" to 2" width. the blade is a clip point with a saber grind (the picture does not illustrate this very well...) the handle would be 4 1/2 long and i think an interesting handle wood would be an alder burl. one brass mosaic pin and a lanyard hole at the back. the blade thickness would be 3/16 thick And keeping with the natural feel of the knife 01 steel.

I hope that covers everything thank you.

Last edited:
Hey Scott maybe you could post the poll or at least a link to the main W&SS forum ?

Wow found this thread at the last minute, here is my entry. Knife #56
Chris

Attachments

• knife8.jpg
    knife8.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
This one looks alittle like my last one but what can I do, one track mind. Knife #57
Chris

Attachments

• knife9.jpg
    knife9.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
For those that have multiple entires, either name or number each of your designs. If you number them, do it in the order of your posts. Go back and edit your post that has your design with a name or number. That way people can see what they are voting for. When I put up the voting thread, I will put your username and design name or number to use to vote on. If you only submitted one entry, I will just put your username down.
Also, once the design is picked, I am only doing a run of 10 or 15 knives not including the one that goes to the winner. I DO NOT want to overwhelm myself with knives to make. If there is a desire for more to be made, then I will do a second run once the first run is finished and shipped. I will post more details once this is finalized.
Scott

Last edited:
Names have been added to mine, and I can't wait to see who wins and see the knives made. Thanks for this whole opportunity Scott!

~Noah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back