Does anybody actually use their Emerson?

I recently purchased a cqc-7 mini to try out this brand. I treat my knives very bad and have only ever used cheap Walmart knives Due to the fact I could not justify opening cans and stripping wire with an expensive knife. I also do a lot of fishing and hunting so I'm hoping they live up to their name because I'm sick of crappy knives. I have read a lot of reviews because it breaks my heart to spend as much as I did on a knife I'm going to beat up. But from what I can see nobody uses their knives they just take pictures of them with their wallet. Prove me wrong show me some pictures of a beat up Emerson.

Not exactly beat up but it does get used. When you have enough knives in your collection that you can carry a new one every week, they just don't get a lot of wear.

cqc8.jpg

Yes, I do. And I have friend's that have AND use their Emerson customs. They were made to be used.

i have one or two i've used harder than i would on most folders. i'll try to take pics tonight when i get home.

good to hear some people do use them hard. Every review I read the reviewer says they use it to open boxes and envelopes and envelopes. I'll have mine today so I will soon know first hand.

My roadhouse and horseman have seen a lot of use. Im a landscaper and one of these knives are with me everyday at work. They've been through it all. Mud sand water sticks roots plastic rubber flowers bushes burlap tin aluminum nylon crickets and still going strong.

5d4c617124ef6c10fdb2c0d59216bbcf.jpg

May not use it everyday, but always in my pocket ready for it and when I need to.

Seems you always need a knife when you don't have one. I'd rather not be in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you e been looking in the wrong places...
Of course you do realize that most Emerson owners are too busy working to post pictures ;)

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_5757.jpgIMG_2386.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_5757.jpgIMG_2386.jpg

My 2006 Commander.
Still my most used, carried, and treasured knife.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's a little short story about using my Vindicator..

We were at the lake and were pulling the boat into the dock and was about to moor the boat when a friend got the mooring ropes tangled up in the propeller. I had just dried off and had to hop in because it was so bad.. Couldn't undo the line and ended up cutting the rope away from the prop saving the day before the motor burnt up.

Needless to say out of all the brands of knives I have, Emerson's seem to me the brand I want to actually use more for actual use. You know.. like as a cutting tool

Honestly there is no knife I love to use more than my Emerson. I love how they are tough enough to do some tip prying. There is just something about Emersons that says "use me!"

This is defiinitely not true for many other knives where I feel guilty for using em.

Back