Does anybody actually use their Emerson?

My Super Commander. Used and abused.

VSoOnm3.jpg

That's part of why I like Emersons. They look sort of good with a little wear on them. Another knife that looks good with abit of use on it is CRKs. Some knives I just don't want to scratch or harm.

Got a user here...

I have carried a Journeyman almost every day for 5 years now. Long gone are the days when I babied this guy, now I hold nothing back from stripping wire to prying locks and opening boxes. A true EDC!

Not mine, but I've saved pics.

kIds1No.jpg

fjU5kM4.jpg

b5cajNb.jpg

I know some of you are going to hate on the homebrew/amateur hour repair from the old boat shed, but that was 3yrs ago and the knife has been going strong for five years of abuse. It had been powder coated before purchase or I would have sent it in. A testament to the original build quality, this tool pries doors, opens walls, and has cut most things imaginable. Complimented only by the assist in the auto extrication pocket (when wearing the suit). Looks like a POS but lockup is bomber and kept sharp.
Most recently used a couple of hours ago for opening a section of drywall above a furnace, checking for fire extension. Time to sharpen!

~fiveleaf on usn

Fiveleaf,

Bad-assed but notwithstanding the powder coating I would have to believe that EKI would give that old boy a sprucing up - if nothing else send you some fasteners.

Good on you for getting your money's worth out that bad boy!

Years ago I bought my first "expensive knife", a Benchmade Griptilian. I felt the same as you do, but now I view it differently. In order to appreciate the design and steel of the knife, you must use it, and sharpen it. I found out real quick what steels I liked, and those I did not. I found out which ones worked better with gloves on. I found that if the knife weighed above 7 oz. it was very noticeable to me. I found that a 4" blade was too much and a 3" blade was too little. I've sent knives in for warranty and know which companies stand by their product.

Looking at a pretty knife is cool. Show me a guy who uses their knives and I'm all ears. :)

I do use my Emerson knives. I've carried the same ETAK BT since September 2014. It's gone through drywall, cut cables, scribed plywood, stripped wire, opened mail, cut open packages tape and cardboard. I don't abuse my gear, never have. I don't really care what people do with their own stuff. Also, I own about 2 dozen Emerson knives, some I don't use, some I do. The users do in fact get used.

Back