Does anyone like Skirmish as I do?

Well, tonight my Skirmish family had an addition. One family member is still MIA (635-81), but I'm not looking to add him to the stable any time soon.

To honor the discontinued icon I took some pictures of the reunion :D

First is the grand-daddy of all Skirmishes. This is the one that Niel Blackwood sent to Benchmade as an example. The one that started the legacy.
2.jpg

Next we have a regular production 630 accompanied by the infamous 3-hole prototype.
3.jpg

Two Limited Editions. 630-400 and 630-401.
4.jpg

Few more LE 630's and 635's

630-501 & 635-501
5.jpg

630-502 & 635-502
6.jpg

630-503 & 635-503
7.jpg

Regular production 630BK & 635
8.jpg

Gold Class Mini's 635-60 & 635-82
9.jpg

Those are some good looking blades. I think I procrastinated too long about getting one.

While I'm impressed with the effort, is there any chance you'd be willing to explain what the specs/differences are for each of the limited editions?

Awesome collection!
Here is one you don't have......A Tom Krein regrind......:)
Scary Sharp!!

IMG_2464.jpg
[/IMG]

Great collection and photos as always RX. :thumbup:

That original Skirmish is an incredible find.

Nice Collection RX Quite impressive.. I think you have to many Skirmishes, and I bet a few of them are getting neglected bt you so I think you should let me have one :D

While I'm impressed with the effort, is there any chance you'd be willing to explain what the specs/differences are for each of the limited editions?
The specs are same as regular production, the difference is in handles finish. As far as Gold Class goes here are the links to Benchmade product pages:
635-60

635-82

Nice Collection RX Quite impressive.. I think you have to many Skirmishes, and I bet a few of them are getting neglected bt you so I think you should let me have one :D
Ummmm..... Neah :) They get all the TLC they need right here at home ;):p

I never new there were so many variations. Very nice. I see a new quest in my future;)

the grind on the proto/sample is pure sex, you can tell that the other grinds are ground by a machine ( beside the krein of course)

I do like the skirmsh...

Very nice collection! :thumbup:

Did you know this one in the middle, it's the Hellion. It's the primal prototype for the Benchmade Skirmish series. This is the same size as the Benchmade 630. But Benchmade wanted to use the Skirmish name, cuz it was more famous.
Above it's a full size Skirmish and below the Mini Skirmish Prototype.

Comparison%20shot%20Skirmish.jpg

i had to of the Skirmish, but had to sell them.
i so regret it !!

the custom is to die for !! drool......................

Back