Does anyone use G10 scales on their Beckers?

StrangeDaze

Gold Member
I have seen allot of different mods here on the Becker forum but can't seem to remember seeing too many posts of beckers with g10 scales. Are they just not that great? I am looking into different types of scales for a few of my becker knives (full size and tweeners) and i want to try the micarta, wood and g10. Should i try out the g10 or skip it?

Last edited:
I pass on the G10 because they are thinner then the stock handles. The kabar micarta for the tweeners and full size are actually a bit thicker than the stock handles.

I've been thinking about going to G10 scales just because they don't have the center hole. I cut my middle finger on my swinging hand to the bone, 8 stitches. Now I have nerve damage. Every time I swing one of my Bks the tip of that finger falls in that hole and hurts like hell. I've been filling that hole with silicone or glue to avoid the issue. It works out its just ugly

I will give them a shot then!
They are contoured the same as the stock scales right? Some pictures i saw made them look a little flat but it could have just been the angle.
I pass on the G10 because they are thinner then the stock handles. The kabar micarta for the tweeners and full size are actually a bit thicker than the stock handles.[/QOUTE]
You could always add liners. Myself i don't necessarily mind thinner handles, maybe on certain beckers but i do wish my 5 had thinner handles. Just seems a little blocky for such a light, nimble knife, disproportionate.
I've been thinking about going to G10 scales just because they don't have the center hole. I cut my middle finger on my swinging hand to the bone, 8 stitches. Now I have nerve damage. Every time I swing one of my Bks the tip of that finger falls in that hole and hurts like hell. I've been filling that hole with silicone or glue to avoid the issue. It works out its just ugly
Wow! Im sorry to hear that! That has never happened to me but i'm a little worried now.

I have wood on my BK5 which are excellent, and G10 from TKC on my BK4 and besides the cool factor I love the feel and grip of them. I also have G10 on my BK14 but they were custom made and pinned on by LT back when he was still with Dan a la Blind Horse Knives. I probably should post photos but I'm feeling lazy.

Does anyone know of someone on the forum who makes glow in the dark liners? Or sell the materials to make your own (i can only find 1/8 of an inch which seems to thick)
I saw that kryptoglow is out of business...
Someone suggested getting a glow in the dark frisbee to make some, any experience with frisbee liners?

No these handles are less contoured than the kabar handles. I really think they look cool, but I just can justify the super high cost for thinner and less contoured handles.

Check out this old thread I posted awhile back it has some comparison photos of all three.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/becker-g10-handles-public-service-announcement.1322418/

I will give them a shot then!
They are contoured the same as the stock scales right? Some pictures i saw made them look a little flat but it could have just been the angle.

Countour is slightly different, but certainly not flat- if you're talking about TKC G10 tweener scales. I have no experience with full size.
Depending on the knife and your hands, thinner could be an advantage. If not, liners are the easiest thing to add.

ooJf3OV.jpg
KkIMWT8.jpg

I really like the TKC G10 on the full size and tweener

If someone made G10 scales for the BK11, I would buy em. The thinner the better, especially if to be worn as a neck knife.

VZ G10 scales have the same shape as the stock scales. A little more weight but the grip is like no other. You can take sandpaper to them to take a little grip out of them. They have an aggressive checking .I have them on my 5 and my 20. I really like them. I wish there were more colors available and have them for the all the Beckers models.

Last edited:
VZ G10 scales have the same shape as the stock scales. A little more weight but the grip is like no other. You can take sandpaper to them to take a little grip out of them. They have an aggressive checking .I have them on my 5 and my 20. I really like them. I wish there were more colors available and have them for the all the Beckers models.
Any pics of the 20 with them on?

I have G10 on my BK 14. I love them on that knife. I have a 16 with micarta, and a 16 with wood. My BK 9 has wood scales.

G10 is more expensive.

I suck at posting pics, I will try tomorrow. For now I started a thread a while back Out Of Production first page has pics of my 5 and 20 if you care to check em out. Oh yea, my 24 with tkc g10 is in the pic to . Tkc scales for the 14/24 are very nice and my fav. for those blades. Back to the VZs if your looking for grip nothing comes close to the grip they offer. When you close your hand around those scales your knife is there to stay.

Last edited:
Back