Does it bother you ?

It's actually a fairly old knife. I'm pretty sure it's all German. I've been doing my part keeping Buck profitable but I know what you mean Tanker.

has anyone ever asked for a band aid when they have cut their finger or a q-tip to clean their ear, no does not bother me,we know different

Doesn't really bother me, however, "Buck like" in descriptions on fleabay bothers me. When it is just Buck I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are referring to a deer. But they always capitalize it.

now please hand me a Kleenex.

I just would not feel right sending a BUCK overseas for the Forever Warranty. Think what Spa Service would cost?

I'd rather see a vague description than one calling it a " buck knife " even if they call it a CASE " buck knife " ,a GERBER " buck knife " , or an uncle Henry " buck knife "

Doesn't bother me at all. I don't expect others to have the same knowledge or really care at all about knives. I certainly don't get miffed when they misuse the Buck brand name unintentionally. Buck sort of defined a genre. For folks who don't know a lot about knives, "Buck" may seem like the standard, esp for anything remotely resembling a 110 (maybe a 119 as well?).

I Just had someone comment about the buck knife on my hip, so I said thanks but continued to explain that it was an old imperial h6 fixed blade and not made by BUCK. They just said oh and that was it.
I guess I'll just never understand or like the generic use of the BUCK name.

I Just had someone comment about the buck knife on my hip, so I said thanks but continued to explain that it was an old imperial h6 fixed blade and not made by BUCK. They just said oh and that was it.
I guess I'll just never understand or like the generic use of the BUCK name.

If you had been carrying a BUCK, this wouldn't have been a problem. :D

If you had been carrying a BUCK, this wouldn't have been a problem. :D
It would have been a problem for me, because I wouldn't have been carrying what is pretty much my favorite fixed blade. I love buck knives but would love them more if they used a simple old carbon steel like 1075 1085 or 1095 because there's just something special about the beauty of an old patina'd hunting knife with a charming character to show its age and history.

Maybe a little bit. It perpetuates the idea that most people still have about the time Buck shifted a lot of production to China. I still see a lot of people being turned off of purchasing a Buck 110 or any 1- series knife by some random retard that says all of Buck knives were produced in china at some period in time and to watch out that they don't get a China made Buck. Especially when every other Big name in knives also exports production from there.

Not to mention that China is where a lot of Apple products are made...

Apple quality shows that the quality that comes out of China reflects on the buyer, not the Chinese.

Back