Does Spyderco use white sticker to seal outer package?

Hello, I recently picked up a native 5 lightweight from Amazon and I noticed the outer package was sealed by a white paper-like sticker on only one side of the box.
Does Spyderco use this kind of sticker to seal or is this a used/resealed item by Amazon? Please see the photo attached.
I bought a manix 2 before but the package for that was sealed by transparent plastic stickers on both side of the box. So this is something unfamiliar to me..
83kfr

In case the pic not showing properly..Try this link
http://imgur.com/a/83kfr

Last edited:
Amazon usually puts a sticker like that on all its products, but it usually says the product name etc on it. so I assume that wasn't done by either Amazon or spyderco since its blank. maybe the seller added it?

Amazon usually puts a sticker like that on all its products, but it usually says the product name etc on it. so I assume that wasn't done by either Amazon or spyderco since its blank. maybe the seller added it?
Actually this one was shipped and sold by Amazon.. so Spyderco actually doesn't use this kind of white sticker to seal the box?
I tried to find some unboxing video on youtube but surprisingly there isnt any...i bought this as new so i do not expect to receive a used or previously returned item..

as far as i know, and im not an expert, spyderco does not have a label like that to seal the boxes.

They do not, and I've seen before just recently where someone thought they ordered a military and someone put that white sticker over the box to seal it stating it was a Military and it was actually an endura. I'd be very wary from buying from amazon or the bay. There's plenty of great sources to buy from instead such as blade hq and go knives just to name a few. I always buy from reputable dealers only.

I had clear circles on each end of the box sealing 2 spydercos from Amazon recently.

i guess Spyderco uses different stickers/ways to seal the box for different models..?like for manix 2 i got, there are two rectangular transparent stickers one on each end..
Does anyone know how does Spyderco seal the box for this native 5 model?
If Spyderco actually does not seal the box for native 5, then it would make sense that Amazon put a sticker on it themselves to keep the packaging in one piece during shipment..

Last edited:
It is likely an Amazon inclusion. I have received Spyderco boxes from Amazon sealed with Scotch tape. Rather off putting to say the least. Despite their excellent return policy, I have not ordered anything Spyderco from Amazon since.

i guess Spyderco uses different stickers/ways to seal the box for different models..?like for manix 2 i got, there are two rectangular transparent stickers one on each end..
Does anyone know how does Spyderco seal the box for this native 5 model?
If Spyderco actually does not seal the box for native 5, then it would make sense that Amazon put a sticker on it themselves to keep the packaging in one piece during shipment..

None of my Manix 2s or Native 5s have had anything sealing the box closed. As mentioned, it's likely an Amazon thing.

yep an amazon thing. seen it on other brands too, not just spydercos. maybe so if robots drop the box knife doesnt come out?:)

Good to know, my confidence in Amazon is renewed. Now we know what to look for...

Amazon requires that we tape both ends before we ship to them. We have always used clear rectangular stickers.

sal
Thanks Sal!
I had this exact kind of clear rectangular stickers as you mentioned on my manix 2 from Amazon, but as for the white sticker on my native 5, is that something familiar to you?
Does it mean that sometimes Spyderco would ship to Amazon without any stickers on the boxes and then Amazon would tape them with white stickers themselves?

I've recently bought 3 dragonfly knives from Amazon. A salt did not have any tape, one vg10 frn had tape only on the top, a second vg10 frn had tape on both top and bottom ends. The tape is shiny clear, 3/4" thick.

All 3 knives look totally authentic to me (proper screws, proper swedge, proper stamping).

Thanks Sal!
I had this exact kind of clear rectangular stickers as you mentioned on my manix 2 from Amazon, but as for the white sticker on my native 5, is that something familiar to you?
Does it mean that sometimes Spyderco would ship to Amazon without any stickers on the boxes and then Amazon would tape them with white stickers themselves?

We have only used the clear stickers mentioned. While I don't know and it's only a guess, but Amazon also works through distributors and 3rd part dealers. Sometimes we just don't have enough inventory. They might have other requirements than we have?

sal

Back