Doesn't anyone go on outings anymore?

Lily and I have started kyaking, but damn if I can get the pics off this damn phone to fotki. I meant to post this stuff last week.

There's a Fotki app that works pretty well. I've used it on my iPad a few times. :thumbsup:

This thread and other "Outing" threads have really made me want to get out and do something. Maybe it's the summer heat and cicadas singing, too. Unfortunately, it's not really in the cards at this point in my life; I must live vicariously through y'all. That didn't stop me from putting together my "Camping kit", though! Complete with taking pictures in the backyard!

ohF5mj4.jpg

Hults Bruk 2 1/4lb hatchet, FF Minimuck in Rustic Wrap, a FireSteel 2.0, and my sweet little JK Sparky.

One day, I'll be able to throw it in the car, load up the family, and go camping in one of the splendid parks/forests I've seen y'all visit.
I didn't want to start a whole new thread or hijack someone else's, so hopefully, y'all will indulge my little camping fantasies.

nice outing thurin. RMNP is one of the most beautiful place on this good earth.

Fishing for redfish at Pointe a la Hache LA

Weather was terrible, tides were non-existent, water was muddy but were worked hard all day and caught a few

The day's catch

IMG_1713.JPG

A 30 Incher. Look at all the scars from fighting. Could have been an alligator, gar or just other bull reds.

IMG_1720.JPG

Blackened in a cast iron skillet and swimming in butter and garlic. I forgot a picture with the full crawfish sauce on top.

IMG_1733.JPG

DAMN. That looks like fun. Oh to catch a big redfish again. What a fighter!

Back