double bit - free to a good home

rockman0

Gold Member
Around 9.75" bit to bit. Weighs 3lbs 5oz. I put a file to one bit and it's skating so she's still got temper and it will take a good file to cut through the rust. If it was ever stamped it's long gone. Heavy rust and pitting but it will make a good user. Has a nice coat of pollen on one side and sports a high centerline.

You must be a regular participant in this sub forum and post pictures once you have it sharpened and hung. That's all I ask. Shipping is free to anywhere in the USA. First qualified poster gets it.
5fTmmirl.jpg

7vRcZ5ll.jpg

g4UdjQ8l.jpg

I think this is a great idea!

You the man... The Rockman!

*Couldn't find a "cheese" emoticon lol.

man, i'd love to have that little guy but im sure this'll get shut down soon.
im sure im not as "qualified" as someone like JB with those magnificent lookers he's got, may the best user win

nevermind, i just remembered rockman was gold

i'll take it

Last edited:
Great idea, Giveaways are a regular thing over on the Traditional Folding Knife sub-forum. I'm not after this one as there are others that can make better use of it than I can. I'll have to remember to do something similar one of these days. I have literal piles of good heads that need a little love.:thumbsup:

If that was a boys axe or hatchet I'd be all over it.

Great act of generosity here man, I hope whoever gets it really puts it through its paces.

I am surprised there are no takers - it looks like it would make an excellent project.

if i remember right, PMs are a membership perk, i left my address on your wall, write it down and i'll get rid of it afterwards, thanks for this rockman, i really appreciate it. i'v had a special handle picked out for bout a week now just waiting for a good head

i'll be sure to put my best foot forward on this one, normally dont pretty'm up because i dont care what they look like as long as they work.
guess that'll be chinging

if i remember right, PMs are a membership perk, i left my address on your wall, write it down and i'll get rid of it afterwards, thanks for this rockman, i really appreciate it. i'v had a special handle picked out for bout a week now just waiting for a good head
Got the addy. You can take it down, thanks.

You are welcome!
I think it's a good piece of steel, sure made my big Heller file skate. Glad you have a handle waiting.

Back