dozier arrow. curious on design testing...

jbmonkey

I'm going to r/kennyland
Platinum Member
got one out of curiosity. first post on this sub forum but not my first ontario knife.

interesting design no steel liners, nested full liner lock appears maybe the pocket clip screw is involved in the structure of it? most shocking thing was two screw construction holding the knife together and internal stop pin appears on one side of the scale and blade and its a g10 groove that stops the blade and acts as the stop pin. so g10 as a stop pin. so my questioning is how durable is this design in testing done? more so long term of the g10 stop design.

i would expect on simple box opening paper cutting etc would last a long long time, but what about things with more force and torque such as widdling wood and trimmimg or cutting through harder plastics etc. where more force would be applied over and over in years of use.

to clarify im not asking on silly tasks for a folder like batoning wood or chopping or any task beyond a folders ability.

the simplicity of this design seems ingenious for cost cutting, but im not yet sold on long term durability. appreciate y'alls input and experiences with it. thank you.

I've had one since September. Open it hard all the time, flick it open mostly which you shouldn't do to a sebenza :) It has taken the backs out of a few chickens. No problems yet, still tight. My only "problem" was getting it so dirty a few times and having to wash it, dry and lube.

^good feedback, thank you Sir. appreciated.

ive carried it a few days now and did some weed bush trimming for fun and to see how it would do. seems fine, just not sure how long g10 will last as a stop.

I used mine doing yard work today. Scraped the grass off the bottom of the lawn mower, cut weeds, held up fine.

Someone asked me about durability once, so I tossed mine in the air and let it hit the floor. Not recommended for those of you who can't just ask for one, but when I picked it up, nothing had changed (also, just in general, don't toss bladed objects through the air). I've also used it plenty. There are times I go for my Carter Prime instead of the Dozier, but I'm completely confident in the Dozier Arrow.

Someone asked me about durability once, so I tossed mine in the air and let it hit the floor. Not recommended for those of you who can't just ask for one, but when I picked it up, nothing had changed (also, just in general, don't toss bladed objects through the air). I've also used it plenty. There are times I go for my Carter Prime instead of the Dozier, but I'm completely confident in the Dozier Arrow.

thank you Sir. good info, appreciate it. guess g10 stop is strong enough.

i love the design, hence while i own one. quite brilliant in it's simplicity really.

plus it came with much better edge geometry than my American made apache tac 1's i own. great folders as well, but terrible edge geometry. got a sp10 coming soon/ sure hope i don't have to seriously reprofile and work the edges like those tac 1's.

thank you Sir. good info, appreciate it. guess g10 stop is strong enough.

i love the design, hence while i own one. quite brilliant in it's simplicity really.

plus it came with much better edge geometry than my American made apache tac 1's i own. great folders as well, but terrible edge geometry. got a sp10 coming soon/ sure hope i don't have to seriously reprofile and work the edges like those tac 1's.

We'll be the first to tell you that we've had some issues with that in the past. They're still hand ground, so you get a little variation in them, but we've cleared up a lot of problems and our quality is much better these days.

We'll be the first to tell you that we've had some issues with that in the past. They're still hand ground, so you get a little variation in them, but we've cleared up a lot of problems and our quality is much better these days.

good to hear.

its easy to fix but nice when it comes already to use without major reprofile work.

thank you Sir for the follow ups. appreciated.

I got to fondle a Dozier folder that is still in 'prototype' stages today at Blade - looks good and the G10 is great. I'm not big on G10 but I liked it alot.

Back