DPx HEST Folder Blade Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, would ya look at that... I was right to not assume you meant to say "send me your knives" instead of "send me your pins". No way anybody would think it only costs $0.40 in postage to mail a knife. So, tell me, how were you planning on taking all those measurements for each knife if you only had the pin?? And why would you be interested in the pin diameter too if you were planning on taking all your own measurements and doing the math yourself?

Just FYI, when someone gives you a piece of friendly courtesy advice, don't fire back with a smartass remark trying to play it like you were fully aware of the potential issues. Especially when your prior posts on the subject prove you hadn't considered it... :rolleyes:

You know medic I was gonna be cool after reading your first post, but then you feel it was necessary to post two responses? lol You sir have some issues. I have ways of people doing their own measuring which would allow me to figure out how much material to remove. I've done plenty of mail order machining and I know what I'm doing. I don't need a medic giving me advice on something I do professionally.

Thanks

At the end of the day. I'm still VERY excited to get mine and carry it. Hopefully it comes soon. Still only have the electronic shipping notice. Fingers crossed

Exaggerate much? Hey, why don't you just start posting a bunch of useless drivel that makes absolutely no sense like you did in the sebenza thread? Do you ever have anything useful to say? :jerkit:

Evidently anyone who disagrees with you posts "useless drivel"

Look up "Therapy" in the phone book.

Hey All,

I got the message from ikilledkenny and took a pic of the full blade. I have to admit, no matter how hard I try, I can't get the blade to catch on anything short of a fingernail. I don't see it as an issue, but others may have different opinions if their blades are spaced further out. Here is the pic:

DPxBlade.jpg

-Connor
thanks for the pick :thumbup:

The differences arent as big as i first thought. I just figured each knife would be uniform to the next
(circles=slight difference)

hmmm.jpg

thanks for the pick :thumbup:

The differences arent as big as i first thought. I just figured each knife would be uniform to the next

hmmm.jpg

Mine is just hair different than both the posted knives also. It could just be a difference in the design layout when coated. I imagine most of the blades are pretty close to identical size wise.

Last edited:
The blades are identical since they are all cut at the same time. The pattern can shift.

MR Clean we have plenty of people on a waiting list that want a Mr DP. PM me.

Last edited:
This is the toughest folding knife that I've ever had, with the best warranty that I've ever heard of. So what if theres a gap. The man said he would fix or refund the money to whomever wasn't happy with this product, so if your not happy, cough it up. I would love to purchase a sterile one to go with my Mr.DP one. With the gap and any other blemishes it has. Forget about the aesthetics and think about the function. I've had other knives with this same gap and instead of worrying about how to fix it, I used it as a tool to cut fishing line, string, thread, etc. First it was a problem, then it was an exception, then it became an everyday function. I don't see how these complaints would cause the knife to malfunction. The only thing that it would get caught up on is your panties. It's not like its a gun that shoots backwards or something... it's a 1mm gap, I'm sure it won't kill you.

RYP,
Let me know when a sterile one returns, I'll be happy to give it a nice home.

This is the toughest folding knife that I've ever had, with the best warranty that I've ever heard of. So what if theres a gap. The man said he would fix or refund the money to whomever wasn't happy with this product, so if your not happy, cough it up. I would love to purchase a sterile one to go with my Mr.DP one. With the gap and any other blemishes it has. Forget about the aesthetics and think about the function. I've had other knives with this same gap and instead of worrying about how to fix it, I used it as a tool to cut fishing line, string, thread, etc. First it was a problem, then it was an exception, then it became an everyday function. I don't see how these complaints would cause the knife to malfunction. The only thing that it would get caught up on is your panties. It's not like its a gun that shoots backwards or something... it's a 1mm gap, I'm sure it won't kill you.

RYP,
Let me know when a sterile one returns, I'll be happy to give it a nice home.

That made my day! LOL

:)

I've had other knives with this same gap and instead of worrying about how to fix it, I used it as a tool to cut fishing line, string, thread, etc. First it was a problem, then it was an exception, then it became an everyday function.

I use my current folder the same way but have to open it to do so.

Personally, I'd rather #20 just be sent to me and let me decide if it needs "fixing".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back