ECA upscale 7....boring, noting but another tweaked 7B

Anyone else want to see anything from Emerson besides a re tweaked 7B over and over and over again ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ernie said the KACK was a ONE TIME RELEASE. You had to preorder to get one. There was no limit and he made as many KACKs as he received orders. Fast forward one year and guess what he's releasing again? The KACK, shocking. Now the one NIB I have won't be worth much.

Yeah, I'm disgusted about that one myself.

I ordered three of the KACK when it finally became available & they are still new in the box. I was hoping they would be worth something in the future & it was a limited edition never to be available again (yeah right). Now our "limited production KACKs" wont be worth Jack as all of a sudden what became available again?? That's right, the KACK -thanks a lot Ernie. What a crappy way to do business.

~John

Agreed. I bought several as well and now they aren't worth squat. Just another regular production knife with a v-grind.
The lottery is a joke, you would like to think that the winners wouldnt be dumped back on top of the pile so they can all diminish the chances for the rest.
The eca is a shamble, what one knife is really an eca exclusive anymore? A tweaked 7? Maybe had it been zero ground it would have been well.
Low serial numbers, where are they??? Where are 0001-0007,8,9. ?? Where are the glory days from several years back.
I would really like to see eki come back strong but really dont see it happening anymore.

Buy a knife because you like the way it looks or plan on using the hell out of it and you likely won't be disappointed, buy one as a financial investment and you likely will be.

When the man himself says it's a one and done offer then you pick one up to use and one to save. With that opportunity you'd be stupid not to. When the man himself re-releases the one and done less than a year later then customers have a right to be disappointed. When the ECA "offering" is a production 7 then the customers have a right to be disappointed. It feels like EKI is entering a phase similar to the AMF years at Harley Davidson.

Back