EK&T Companion Pictures!

Evans_companion.jpg~original

Picked this up from a fellow on the forums, he had two, parted with this one, needed a sharpening but she sharpened up nicely;

Evans_blade.jpg~original

and what I dubbed as a Bob Tail Fob, just enough to help aid in drawing the knife from the sheath;

Evans_bob_tail_fob.jpg~original

G2

I would also like to say, I could stare at that second picture all day. Love the highs and lows of it!

How did you do the bob tail fob? I'd really like to do that on mine rather than a figure 8 tied in close.

Thanks Brian, just seemed more finished to have it on the presentation side, for me at least
Nice handling knife!
G2

Jordan, who made your holster? That's nice!

Nate at IBX Tactical.

I've also got a holster for my 27 with a Crusader Cross embossed, and one for my Shield with the Nazarene symbol.

Shoot him an email if you have something custom you want embossed. I believe he's now doing his skull and bones logo embossed standard on all holsters going out, but he'll also do no embossing if you want.

My backup arrived today. Came home at lunch to let the dogs out, and it was waiting for me. It got put to work pretty quickly after I got back to work. That pile of boxes from last week was nothing compared to today's load. My boss asked if she could borrow a knife so she could start opening some boxes so I gave her my first with the red scales. Popped the CF one out and started opening boxes myself. I made my first one two-tone about 45 minutes ago.

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm really liking this little guy! I added a pocket clip to try carrying in my front right pocked in place of a folder. Thanks Brian, great little knife!

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm really liking this little guy! I added a pocket clip to try carrying in my front right pocked in place of a folder. Thanks Brian, great little knife!
Thanks Greg!

I'd love to see the pocket clip setup.

With regard to replacing a folder, I've all but stopped using my TC Barlow. I still carry it, but I never use it because the Companion is so easy and handy to grab.

Thanks Greg!

I'd love to see the pocket clip setup.

With regard to replacing a folder, I've all but stopped using my TC Barlow. I still carry it, but I never use it because the Companion is so easy and handy to grab.
Here's a pic in the pocket. So far, working great! I will also probably put a G clip on it and try it on the belt too. It can't permanently replace my folders, I have about 60ish that beg for pocket time. You better bet that the Companion will be on up there in the EDC rotation though!
9c2c1b2316399b8030256025c2247618.jpg

Well, I'm sold. these are both practical and snazzy as hell in any of the colors. Plus, it's been a freakin' year since I last bought a new knife. Might as well make my first purchase in a while something special.

Spydesense, where'd you get that clip? If I get my hands on a Companion I'd like to carry mine in a similar manner.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sold. these are both practical and snazzy as hell in any of the colors. Plus, it's been a freakin' year since I last bought a new knife. Might as well make my first purchase in a while something special.

Spydesense, where'd you get that clip? If I get my hands on a Companion I'd like to carry mine in a similar manner.

It actually came off of my Lightning OTF knife. I never carry it outside the house, so a clip on it is useless to me. You might want to look here on BF or even eBay for an aftermarket clip that might work. Or, maybe even on an old knife lying around. I replaced the gold colored screw with a black one, it looks a little better now. It really has been working out great the last couple of days. I can't say enough about this little knife!

Hey guys! Got my companion today. I have to say, normally I can find something minute about a knife that's off, this knife is flawless. Here are two ways I'll be carrying it, I'll see which I like more. The screws and suc.h came from my ESEE 4 kit as well as the cord lock. The straps are from a backpack and the paracord, I'm sure you all know what that is
34658c19ce509efb0ce4690340026cae.jpg
e04c6492efb117bec248af903e2cd736.jpg
205ce9eb0d6f664a5e0d55d68a2e018a.jpg
774f8b815646d31a058477f50c365969.jpg
e54e1468c5b15d38a26a9e3fa97f8190.jpg

Very nice. When I finally get one I plain to carry it similar.
I carry most small knives like that.

Here's a size comparison for anyone wondering what it's like next to other knives. A large sebenza 21 up top and a victorinox huntsman lite below.
1a485039d539010002718773e0e01b0d.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm going to carry it with the nylon straps. It's less bulky and more secure. I cut a section of nylon webbing, held it to the edge of the sheath centering the home and pressed hard with my thumb to make an indent. I took a tool for making holes in leather and punched a hole, then hit it with a lighter to harden it. I laid my belt down above the rivets and loosely laid the strap on the other side and repeated. Loose so that there's give to put the bent through, but not loose enough where there's play. Then used Chicago screws and a rubber spacer to finish it the spacer was just because the screws I head protruded a bit much.

I also had to add washers to the screw head side today. The straps flexed and pulled out, but thankfully stayed on my belt. I pulled on them hard yesterday and they didn't move. Was able to tighten the screws more too with the washers on. Used it to cut tape today, that's all sp far lol. It held up!

I think it was last October that I was having a discussion about football with one of my best forum friends. He said, “wouldn’t it be great to have a knife handle and liner combo that matched our favorite team colors?” I agreed that would be a cool way to combine two interests (knives & football) into one useful item. Since I am a Denver Broncos fan, that meant looking for a knife with orange handles and blue liners.

Two months later I received a Christmas gift in the mail from my friend. It was a a Companion with orange G10 scales. I was immediately impressed with the size, design and craftsmanship that went into this knife. He also sent a note to let me know that another accessory item for the knife would be arriving in a day or two. It tuned out that he had another knife maker friend do him a favor and make some blue G10 liners to go with my knife. The liners add a custom look that I really like. It was an easy install with the existing hardware.

Thanks Peter for your friendship and the thoughtful gift. Thanks Mr. Evans for making a very nice knife. I hope you get back into production soon.

GO BRONCOS in Super Bowl 50!

Phil

Back