EKT Companion-GEN 2 now up on IndieGoGo

I've got my order in for the carbon fiber. I love the small edc fixed blade. I would love to see some options for extra scale options and sheath options, but I can't even imagine the logistics that would go into that. My biggest request would be a horizontal belt carry option for the sheaths followed by options to order other scales (I'd love to see orange!). Thanks for making a new run for us Brian!

Any word on who or what company will be producing the USA made Companion? Or did I miss that part somewhere?
Please don't say they'll be made by Quartermaster... ;)

Any word on who or what company will be producing the USA made Companion? Or did I miss that part somewhere?
Please don't say they'll be made by Quartermaster... ;)

Now that would be a laugh! A company with its particular style of making knives producing a gently curved, classy blade like this!

Now that would be a laugh! A company with its particular style of making knives producing a gently curved, classy blade like this!

It's a joke, but not aimed at the two contrasting styles. Its because (and many BF members are already aware of this) the controversy over Quartermaster saying their knives are USA made but actually having them shipped from China...
Not accusing anyone else of doing that. I just like to know who/what company I'm supporting with my money :)

Last edited:
Tried to get the website, but apparently I don't have the right browser. Oh well.

Hmmmmm... I'll have to wait and see how my taxes treat me this year. I'm liking what I am seeing.

Just submitted my contribution, super excited about this knife since watching a few of cutlerylovers videos!

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose indiegogo over something like Kickstarter where funds are billed only after the goal is reached? I feel like folks might be scared off by the "funded no matter what" language from indiegogo, even if you do clarify your refund policy in your description.

Either way, can't wait to get this thing in hand!

It's a joke, but not aimed at the two contrasting styles. Its because (and many BF members are already aware of this) the controversy over Quartermaster saying their knives are USA made but actually having them shipped from China...
Not accusing anyone else of doing that. I just like to know who/what company I'm supporting with my money :)

The Companion Gen 2 will be produced in Precision Plus's Escanaba, MI facility. They are great people and I'm sure you've seen some knives they've produced.

Tried to get the website, but apparently I don't have the right browser. Oh well.

What browser were you using? I've tried with Firefox and Chrome and it worked with both? Maybe try again? I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.....

Hmmmmm... I'll have to wait and see how my taxes treat me this year. I'm liking what I am seeing.
Thank you! May your taxes treat you spectacularly......lol. Hope you decide to pick one up!

mr. Brian can you comment on this?

Yes, I can comment on this. I'm an idiot. That's basically it. I copied and pasted the wording from the black g10 perk so they would be exactly the same wording and I didn't change the black to jade. They will come with jade g10 scales. It won't let me change the wording of the perk once someone claimed one, so I couldn't go back and correct it. That's all.

Brian, it cheers me up to see you saddling up and kicking again ! I hoped so much for a beefed up version of the Companion but what is in the pipes looks just great. I don't know why but I see this new Companion with orange scales (?) and I'm not a fan of orange at all. I'm not familiar with the donating stuff so here's a question : if I donate 100 $ will this be accounted to the knife I will order when they are available or can I just pre-order (and pre-pay) my knife ? Same effect on your side ?

Brian, it cheers me up to see you saddling up and kicking again ! I hoped so much for a beefed up version of the Companion but what is in the pipes looks just great. I don't know why but I see this new Companion with orange scales (?) and I'm not a fan of orange at all. I'm not familiar with the donating stuff so here's a question : if I donate 100 $ will this be accounted to the knife I will order when they are available or can I just pre-order (and pre-pay) my knife ? Same effect on your side ?

It would be best if you chose the perk (knife) you wanted rather than just a blind contribution. You can do either, but the first option is preferred.

I got that. Thanks for the answer. If Orange is not available I will have to meditate somewhat between Carbon or Jade scales... Decisions...

I got that. Thanks for the answer. If Orange is not available I will have to meditate somewhat between Carbon or Jade scales... Decisions...

I have the jade on mine now, but the carbon fiber is very nice. The CF is completely smooth and a little lighter, whereas the jade G-10 has just enough texture to add a little grip.

Brian, will the kydex sheaths be multi-mount capable? Ie molle/teklok/alice? And just to make sure, will these new sheathes work with the 1st gen companions?

Saddens me to say that I won't be able to get a 2nd gen Companion; had to move to part time to accommodate my college schedule. Sucks because I love FFG, but the original Companion remains (as I've found through daily use for the past month) an excellent knife that I'm really proud to own. Great job, Brian! I'm making sure everybody I know who likes knives (and then some) knows about Gen 2!

After seeing Kwon Kwang use a companion, i had to have one. Can't wait to get my orange g-10 one!

Brian, got one of the first, sorry to wait so long but got in on the second. Hope you get enough to make it happen. Best Martin

I'm in, and one of my sons as well. Looking forward to trying a fixed blade for EDC. I'm an industrial electrician, so the Companion should get a good workout.

I'm in, and one of my sons as well. Looking forward to trying a fixed blade for EDC. I'm an industrial electrician, so the Companion should get a good workout.
I'd like to hear your feedback once you get it and put it to work!

Back