Emerson blade coating

Hey guys I just saw an all green Emerson I guess it was a limited run. Do you guys know what coating they used to make the blade green, looked very cool.

Cerakote I think. It comes in dozens of colors. Everything from black to white, pink, green, yellow, red, etc. It's been commonly used by many knife companies to offer variety in their items. If you like Emerson knives, look for the vines and roses Commander or other special runs, they look really nice.

Just a FYI. It's a decent coating, but it's not like DLC. It will mar with use. I like the look of a used knife, so it's not an issue for me.

Thanks I'll have to check those out
FYI, cerakote is a very popular coating in other areas such as car parts and firearms. Many people have bought spray guns and the materials, and you could research someone who does this and send them pretty much anything and have it coated almost any color or pattern that they are skilled enough to create.
Best of luck.

I don't know what they use now (probably Cerakote, as suggested), but they were originally coated with Black T, which was available in limited quantities in green. I've also seen Emersons in black epoxy powder coat, which was likewise available in green. The model and age of the knife you saw will make a difference in providing the correct answer.

-Steve

Back