Photos emerson bulldog/gentleman jim with new scales

This is my first post as I am a new member so I am not sure if I can put these here or if they need to go to a different part of the forum. well I got my first emerson knife last week, it was a gentleman jim, the knife I ever seen from emerson some 5 odd years ago and have been hooked ever since, and this week I got a bulldog.

I decided the jim needed to be shined up and I did carbon fiber scales and polished the rim of the liners, then a carbon fiber scale and dressed the edge since it was a used knife oh and added a 9mm nickeled thumb disk. the bulldog got some light tan and dark slate gray g10 scales and tomorrow will get a 9mm nickeled thumb disk as well and a might cut a small cross in the pocket clip ( just to have something different looking ). Below are some pix, I am new to making scales so hope they look good

Nice job! Good to put the effort into it to really "make them yours!"

--Larry

ya, I finally finished the bulldog, ill need to put pix up, does any one know where I can send the knife to and have the grind retouched ? I bought the blade new and their are scratches on the grind that bother me lol

hmm... I could retouch the blade bevels and sharpen it for you. Maybe work out a deal where I send some scales back with your knife for a change in material/color! ;) If you live in the bay area, we could probably meet up, but free time isn't my friend. Hopefully someone else can chime in more recommendations for you.

hmm... I could retouch the blade bevels and sharpen it for you. Maybe work out a deal where I send some scales back with your knife for a change in material/color! ;) If you live in the bay area, we could probably meet up, but free time isn't my friend. Hopefully someone else can chime in more recommendations for you.

I don't live in the Bay Area and also don't mind trading with you, I just need the bevel kissed as the previous owner scratched up the line that separates where the blade and tip meet.

The scales look great! I made my first set of scales a few months ago and they look dang awful compared to those!

By any chance would you be willing to make/sell me a set of scales for a Emerson bulldog?

Nope I can’t do it... they are already busting my balls just for showing my personal work to my personal knives... if I Ever get the upgraded membership I would but can’t do it any time soon

Sorry buddy

Back