Emerson EDC2 - Suggestion Box

3-1-1

Gold Member
Love my EDC-2, and the fact that it has a Commander style blade to it. Makes it a distinctly Emerson multitool.
I know these are farmed out to Multitasker for manufacture, but I was thinking of getting another when it occurred to me I would definitely be down for it, and that these would be cool if available in some other distinctly Emerson blade designs. Maybe an A100 style spearpoint.
CQC-7 is the one I have in mind. What do you think?
Image1484063607.651213.jpg

Last edited:
my only gripe with the multitasker 2 is the recurved blade

An A-100 or CQC-8 style blade would probably entice me to get an EDC-2 to go along with my EDC-1.

_DSC7880%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsdcylooqu.jpg

Are these not very wide and heavy in the pocket? My Emersons already feel abit thick in the scale to scale dimension in my pocket. As this is basically a multi-story Emerson design is it not very wide? Kinda disappointed that the Edc1 has a D2 blade and the Edc2 a 440c. I think 440c is a great steel if done well but D2 is one of my favourite steels.

I have an Extrema Ratio M1A1 which is their "swiss army knife" and it is quite wide.

I've never handled an EDC-2 but the -1 is very thick and bulky. It also has plenty of sharp edges that make it difficult and uncomfortable to reach past it for other items in your pocket. I only tried to pocket carry it once and now it's really just a collectible. If I was going to carry it I would do so in a belt sheath. The EDC-2 is probably a bit thinner with fewer sharp edges though.

Back