Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I've actually had this one for a couple weeks (not sure I've ever posted in this thread).
1ABW5u3.jpg

Since I'm not a fan of the "traditional" puukko sheath, I asked Danije for a slight modification. I'm very happy with both the knife and the sheath.
ZO5tvpi.jpg
What's a traditional sheath like and what did you change?

This will be my last response to you sir. The other fanboys said I can only socialize with other Sebbie owners.
You, sir, will be going on ignore!! Spoken with my nose pointing at the sky while I am harrrumphing!!
:D:D

And another fanboy is born...watch out world :D:rolleyes::)

As stated yesterday, my new 940! All of the talk I've seen recently here on BF about Benchmade's QC issues made me a little nervous, but it was all for naught (in my case anyhow). I'm really happy with my new knife. A Benchmade/Axis Lock virgin no longer!
C38kDb3.jpg

Last edited:
The Coolabah arrived today. By the time the Post Office handed it over it was too dark outside to take pictures in the open. So it's left wrapped and shall be opened tomorrow in Sunlight for better pictures, both dry and with silicon based wax applied.

An added BONUS... they wrapped it for shipping in 2 x 12mm thick sheets of dressed Sierra Redwood. The Redwood is in EXCELLENT condition, fully dried and ready for use. There should be at least 3 sets of good large scales in it.

2i9tsup.jpg

24w66hd.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger on one of these. I've been wanting to try one of the Anso designs for a while after getting so hooked on the Giant Mouse stuff. And I think I snagged the last one of the purple/bronze scratch ano versions, which looks pretty sweet.

14899501631731582560216.png

Got this guy in the mail yesterday through a trade.... sweet deal too as it came with an awesome edge, rather then a standard factory one....

Haven't spine whacked it yet to see how the axis lock holds up but, I could definitely see this being an instant favorite to edc; Light, comfortable ergonomics and grip, great size...

Also acquired this Böker Arbolito kitchen block set for a friend as a housewarming gift.

Definitely feel and look good for the price. The only downside I can see us the only one I fully expected for $100, the factory edges are a bit rough, but I'll remedy that.

I want to make a guitar out of that.

Perhaps a little heavy for a guitar, though if one's keen, anything's possible. Perhaps 4-5mm thickness would be better for a guitar.

Here's another pic of it in direct Sunlight. At certain angles in Sunlight it looks like its on fire, and that's no exaggeration . For a guitar, sanded well with 7 coats of clear Shellac (not the orange Shellac) and 7 good coats of high-gloss polyurethane lacquer it would be spectacular. The Shellac would DOUBLE its aesthetics as it does ANY figured or grained wood... and apparently good quality Shellac can also enhance the wood's acoustic properties.

File033.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps a little heavy for a guitar, though if one's keen, anything's possible. Perhaps 4-5mm thickness would be better for a guitar.

Here's another pic of it in direct Sunlight. At certain angles in Sunlight it looks like its on fire, and that's no exaggeration . For a guitar, sanded well with 7 coats of clear Shellac (not the orange Shellac) and 7 good coats of high-gloss polyurethane lacquer it would be spectacular. The Shellac would DOUBLE its aesthetics as it does ANY figured or grained wood... and apparently good quality Shellac can also enhance the wood's acoustic properties.

View attachment 713561

Im a les paul guy. We dont know the term too heavy. :D Beautiful piece of wood you got there.

Couldn't bring myself to EDC any of my "real" RJ Martins, but this authorized mid-tech "RJ machine flipper" is just what the Dr ordered :)
20170525_163638.jpg

Can't bring myself to EDC my real Bodega's either so, I picked this up too...

20170526_163116.jpg

Back