Experimenting with Sculpted Pocket Clips...

Mine has held up very well! Retention is just right. A few light scrapes here and there, but integrity is still strong! I'll be picking up some CF ones for my CF Manix when Steve gets round to making them again!

Cpaerw5.jpg

BGd1c59.jpg

I've decided that I will be adding the Spyderco G10 sculpted pocket clips to my offerings. Due to the involved double sided machining operations these pocket clips will be batch machined in lots and not machined individually to order... doesn't make sense unless I go with batch machining.

They will pop up occasionally in the Exchange in various G10 colors and some in carbon fiber as I am able to incorporate them into my work schedule...

JWTceIN.jpg

DqErKee.jpg

aPA0kdg.jpg

DMgnVDQ.jpg

BwSARoM.jpg

Last edited:
First knife finished after getting back to ops and a slight break in the heat wave. I was up at 5am to get this one machined while the temps were coolest...

Your basic Delica/Lil'Para in black textured G10 w/orange G10 liners and an orange G10 back spacer... black sculpted G10 pocket clip.

I'm using bright stainless 2-56 button head Torx screws presently but I have some black and some bright stainless 2-56 socket headed cap screws being shipped my way which I'll also be using with these G10 pocket clips. That's IF they look good.

As soon as the socket headed cap screws arrive I'll post up some photos showcasing those...!

oy8nfsy.jpg

yCGbpsL.jpg

The 2-56 socket headed cap screws arrived... bright stainless and black oxide stainless. I thought I did the math... and I figured that a 3/16" thread length should of been long enough... but turns out they are not. So I'll need to order 1/4". DOH!

To my eye... they do look very nice.

aQQPTQx.jpg

s0AsbUq.jpg

So the slightly longer 1/4" socket headed cap screws are the ticket... takes a 5/64" allen or hex... bright stainless or black oxide stainless...

0Rnfp9N.jpg

W7xNMJg.jpg

41Jxax1.jpg

M40YdnR.jpg

It doesn't make sense to individually machine the pocket clips to order. Lots of operations involving two sided indexing so it only makes sense to whip a half dozen or more out in a batch session and put them in the Exchange occasionally. Same thing I do for the CRK Sebenza and Insingo back spacers...

I'm not back in full operation due to an extended heat wave. The shop is NOT conditioned and the CNC, the controller computer and especially ME... do not do well in 100 degree plus temps.

Boomer, when you get to it I really need a few 3 hole clips that fit the Benchmade/Emerson/Les George 3 hole set up. I'm interested in @ least 2 in CF and 1 in silver twill or the like to go on an acid washed Calavera Cutlery flipper.

Here's my first foray into carbon fiber editions of my sculpted pocket clips for Spyderco knives three hole pattern. I only intended for the clip to become an option for the GrindMod Delica/Lil'para however it has been shown the clip also works well with other models of Spyderco knives.

Investigating a source for some carbon fiber I discovered a gentleman in the Netherlands that is manufacturing the best carbon fiber I have ever laid my eyes on. The company is called CARBON WAVES... I can't link his website without violating Forum rules... but if you GOOGLE it... it will show up at the top of the results. It's a beautiful product in its own right!

I purchased a small 4X3 block of his 2X2 twill and was able to get five of my pocket clips machined out of it. They are gorgeous with a bedazzling 3D effect when viewing the glossy upper surface. The 2X2 twill cloth is NOT a match for the Spyderco carbon used in scales... so these Carbon Wave clips might not be ones you would want to put on your carbon scaled knife. However... whatever knife you put one on the clips themselves will become a focal point... they look that good.

I will soon be machining some clips in 1X1 carbon fiber weave that will match the Spyderco carbon fiber scales. They will NOT however have the glossy upper surface... they will be matte. The 1X1 weave sheets my supplier carries do not have a glossy surface.

Here are a few teaser photos of the Carbon Waves clips...

e5ZxQqb.jpg

ImX6eTp.jpg

wgwNl9E.jpg

RsZNSWt.jpg

Had a bit of play time this weekend... messed around with a Punisher pocket clip design. I know... not everyone's cup of tea... but had a request.

The two images with the clip on the knife are pocket clip CAD renders Photoshop'd onto photos... the clips are just a digital idea at this time... they do not exist...

NgVHFII.jpg

CY7XAYX.jpg

Ki0AXeU.jpg

Back