Factory Anodized?

1) I've recently seen a handful of factory anodized Hinderers for sale from legitimate dealers and was curious about their status. Are they considered "rare" and do they currently command a premium over other factory finishes?

2) From what I've googled or searched for here, my understanding is that aftermarket "pimping" voids your warranty with Hinderer Knives. How are they able to differentiate between their anodizing and a "professional pimper"?

I'm new to the Hinderer herd (1st XM-18 delivered this weekend!) and simply don't know all the facts.

Thanks all!

Factory anodizing sometimes increases the factory price and sometimes in doesn't. Rick Hinderer Knives has no control over secondary prices so we don't discuss that here. The folks at RHK are producing more anodized knives of late. I hope you're not asking how to anodize your knife and still keep your factory warranty.

Thanks for the info!

Nope, not trying to anodize mine at all, just noticed some bronze ones popping up here and there and didn't know if there were the real deal or not.

Thanks again

1) I've recently seen a handful of factory anodized Hinderers for sale from legitimate dealers and was curious about their status. Are they considered "rare" and do they currently command a premium over other factory finishes?

2) From what I've googled or searched for here, my understanding is that aftermarket "pimping" voids your warranty with Hinderer Knives. How are they able to differentiate between their anodizing and a "professional pimper"?

I'm new to the Hinderer herd (1st XM-18 delivered this weekend!) and simply don't know all the facts.

Thanks all!

If new and seeking Facts. Definitely Read the Stickies. Well worth investing 20 minutes in the Hobby.

If new and seeking Facts. Definitely Read the Stickies. Well worth investing 20 minutes in the Hobby.

I have read through them and did not see anything on how they differentiate between factory anodized and aftermarket/voided warranty anodized. I am curious about the question as well as I have seen some pretty cool anodized XM-18's and would not want to purchase one with a voided warranty.

I have read through them and did not see anything on how they differentiate between factory anodized and aftermarket/voided warranty anodized. I am curious about the question as well as I have seen some pretty cool anodized XM-18's and would not want to purchase one with a voided warranty.

I think determining if RHK did the anno is up to RHK.

As far as buying one, I'd ask the seller if the annodization was done by RHK or not. A large majority of the factory anno has been either bronze or blue so if you see some colors outside of those two, I'd be sure I'd follow-up on who did the work. Recently, RHK has done some two tone anno jobs but there aren't many of those.

No the stickies don't address that issue, doesn't change the fact they are Full of good info.

I bought my bronze bowie brand new from a stocking dealer. As soon as I saw it I didn't hesitate for a second, said ring it up and never even handed it back.

Back